September 12, 2010

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base

Hello, Beautiful!

I have to say, I'm really surprised that I'm in love with a drugstore brand primer. I've been using higher-end brands for primer (Smashbox, Make Up For Ever, Laura Mercier, etc.) and they've worked so well. I've heard bad things about drugstore brand primers (but hadn't tired any personally) so I stayed clear of them. That is, until I received a sample in a magazine of L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base.

I saw the before & after photo and was intrigued.

Here's what that looked like:


[The photo above is from the L'Oreal ad for this product]

As you can see in the photo above, the dark hyperpigmentation and dark under eye circles in the "before" picture disappear in the "after" picture. I know there is a lot of retouching involved in that "after" picture, and it's not all truth, but there has to be some truth behind it for them to show that example... right? I certainly didn't expect this product to erase all my hyperpigmentation from acne scars, but I did hope it would help.

Here's what this primer promises:

[The photo above is from the L'Oreal ad for this product]

My Experience:
It did minimized the look of my pores and fine lines (which most of my other primers do not). My skin did look and feel smoothed and resurfaced. My skin did feel velvety-smooth to the touch. Basically it did everything is said!

Although, I find it funny it doesn't mention anything about the dark hyperpigmentation and under eye circles in their before/after picture that seem to disappear. You'd think if they showed that example, and it truly did such amazing things, it would be mentioned on that list.

Regardless, this primer did blur my hyperpigmentation and dark areas. It doesn't magically make it all disappear, but I it did work some kind of magic. It wasn't like "wow, they're completely gone", it was more like "wow, they seem faded" - which in turn helped my concealer and foundation work better (less darkness to cover).


Here is a swatch of what the product looks like (it looks pink in jar):


You apply this primer in circular motions all over your face (or to the areas you want to focus on; I apply it everywhere). After you apply it, allow it to set for a minute or two. Then you can apply the rest of your makeup as normal.

My makeup lasts all day when I'm wearing this! This may be one of my favorite products of all time!

If you haven't tried this yet I highly suggest you do so! It costs around $12.99 depending on where you go. I picked mine up at Target and used a $2 off coupon I found in a magazine.


Have you tried this product? If so, what do you think? If not, will you be picking it up soon?

Also, don't forget about our Secret Sale Week (coming soon). Read the blog post below for more info!


xoxo with love & beauty,

Crystal Valentine B.
- The woman who runs ValentineKisses.com

1 comment:

  1. I have been using this for awhile now and Im loving it. It makes my face so smooth and it does keep my makeup on longer than without it. No break outs for me and thats all that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)