January 19, 2011

My surgery date is set!

Hello, Beautiful!

Just another update with my surgery journey :)

I'm so excited right now because my surgery date is set! It will be on March 2nd at 9am! It seems so far away, but it will be here before I know it.

There are still details I need to take care of - like getting my labs done and picking up a copy of the operating report from my ENT doc (regarding my septoplasty surgery). But besides those two things, I really just need to finalize the arrangement of when my mom and grandmom will be here to help out.

My pre-op appointment will fall shortly after Valentine's Day and from there it's only about 2 weeks until my surgery! WOW - it really will be here before I know it!!!

Only 41 more days until I get a new nose and a new chin! More surgery updates will follow as they happen.


On a side note...

I'm sick. I woke up with an awful sore throat and just that hit-by-a-truck feeling. A fever followed not far behind the sore throat and I quickly turned into a blanket zombie, hanging out on the couch.

I really cannot be sick right now. There are too many things to do! But I also know that sometimes getting sick is a blessing in disguise. It forces you to slow down and take a break - which is something I've desperately needed lately.

I have a feeling I got sick from the kid in my son's class that sneezed into my mouth. Yeah, that was probably it. Awesome.


Alright, gotta run for now. I just realized it's 10pm and my son is still up (he's been helping my husband build my custom nail polish rack, hehe). I can already see how fun the morning will be... "mom, I'm tooooo tired", "mom, I need to stay home from school", "I can't brush my teeth. I can't get dressed". Oh what fun it will be.

Good night!

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)