January 28, 2011

OPI Katy Perry Collection: Swatches and mini review!

Hello, Beautiful!

Below are swatches of the OPI Katy Perry collection, including extra examples of the Black Shatter. A mini review is at the end of the post. Enjoy!

 * Click on a photo to view it larger. *

Teenage Dream (NL K07) - from the Katy Perry collection
Shade Description: A semi-sheer micro glitter pink with holographic glitter.



Last Friday Night (NL K10) - from the Katy Perry collection
Shade Description: A sheer light blue with iridescent glitter.




Not Like The Movies ( NL K09) - from the Katy Perry collection
Shade Description: A duo chrome silver/gray that flashes shades of green, purple and blue in different lights when you move, with micro silver glitter.



The One That Got Away (NL K08) - from the Katy Perry collection
Shade Description: A pinky berry shimmer with flecks of micro silver glitter.




Black Shatter (NL E53)
Shade Description: A matte black that, with one coat, dries to a shatter/crackle effect. A different effect is created on each nail.

Shown below over OPI - Teenage Dream
with topcoat:

OPI Shatter shown over top Icing - True Blue
with topcoat:

OPI Shatter shown over top Funky Fingers - 220 Volts
with topcoat:

OPI Shatter shown over top Icing - Sunset
with topcoat:

OPI Shatter shown over top Funky Fingers - Manic Flamingo
with topcoat:


*As always: All swatches are shown with 2 coats. Only one photo shows the polish with a top coat (the last photo), as I feel top coats make all shades look better; some top coats even save a horrible shade and transform it into something beautiful. I want to show the colors for what they are and what they could be when you apply a top coat. *


 
REVIEW:

Overall, I really love this collection. I was the first person at Ulta to pick these up (yes, I waited almost 30 minutes in the parking lot before they opened to ensure I would get my hands on these... I'm a bit obsessed with nail polish!). Upon swatching them I was really pleased with all but one... the pretty blue glitter, Last Friday Night. It looked soooo pretty in the bottle. An electric blue with glitter that made me go crazy when I saw it in person. It was the one shade I had to have. But it was so sheer that all that electric blue I was hoping to have was nowhere to be found.

I still like it, but I have two other shades that are exactly like it (OPI's version has more glitter). I will do a full post on those dupes and how to layer Last Friday Night over top another shade to get the color you see in the bottle.

Teenage Dream was the first that made it onto my nails.

Black Shatter is something I'm not really into. I almost didn't even pick it up, but figured I would just so I could swatch it and have it just in case. I actually hate the look of it without a top coat, but with a top coat it's actually kind of cool. Sorta. I go through phases with what I'm most into when it comes to makeup and nails, so I'm sure I'll go through a phase where I'll want to use the Shatter but for now it will sit on my shelf.

What do you think of this collection? What shades do you own or want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)