February 18, 2011

Victoria's Secret Minerals Lip Gloss: Swatches & Review (2 shades)

Hello, Beautiful!

Yesterday I was at the mall exchanging my son's shoes for a different size and decided to stop into Victoria's Secret to see if they had any new makeup or sale makeup. Well, they did have some sale makeup! Their mineral lip glosses and mineral eye shadows were just $5 each! I wanted to go overboard and buy every shade, but I'm really trying to not over spend on makeup this year.

I ended up picking up two mineral lip glosses and two mineral eye shadows (click here for the mineral eye shadow post).

Victoria's Secret Minerals Lip Gloss retails for $10 and is available in six shades. Click here to check out the lip gloss on VS's website.

I really like these glosses! They go on really smoothly, feel comfortable and cushy on my lips, and the shades are sheer. I love the fact that they're sheer! I generally like to play up my eyes and keep my lips pretty neutral, but I still like a hint of color. If you're someone who likes bold color on your lips you may not really like these, but I like the fact that all the shades are very wearable because they're sheer. You can control how much color goes on, and I like that. I like that a lot.

Onto the swatches...

* click on a photo to view it larger *

As you can see in the photo below, the actual color of the gloss is way different from what's printed on the box it comes in. Don't base your purchase on what the gloss looks like on the box!

Crave
Shade Description: A sheer bright raspberry pink with shimmer.


Untamed
Shade Description: A sheer pinky-brown neutral with shimmer.

Have you tried these mineral glosses from Victoria's Secret? If so, what do you think of them and what color is your favorite?

2 comments:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)