March 14, 2011

Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting in Sugar Glow: Swatches & Review

Hello, Beautiful!

I don't remember when I purchased this product, but I know it was awhile ago. I purchased it from Sephora on sale for just $10 since they getting rid of all the Laura Geller products from their site (I picked up a few other Laura Geller products in the same shopping trip).

Laura Geller's Baked Body Frosting is an all over body powder (shimmer). The shade I have is Sugar Glow. You can use it on your body and your face - as a highlighter or as an all-over color. I know this comes in a darker shade (honey glow or something like that) which can be used on lighter skin tones all over for a tanned effect.

This is a huge compact! It's wide and it's thick since it holds a puff inside for application on your body. Here's what it looks like:

Close-up of the product:

SWATCH
Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting All Over Body Glow in the shade Sugar Glow
Shade Description: A golden pale champagne shimmer.

A little more blended...

So what do I think?
I like this product, but I don't use it as often as I should. It's a great highlight shade since this does not contain any glitter. It does provide a glow, but it's still a shimmer. I like this for my body a lot. It looks great down my arms, legs and on my chest. It's just enough glow without being a ball of glitter. I use the included puff to apply this on my body.

To use on my face as a highlighter I use my own brushes. It's great on the inner corner of my eyes and my brow bone. It's also great on the tops of my cheeks.

I really should use this more often. I think I'll make it a project of mine to use this at least once a week. I've had this for at least a year now and I probably only used it five times, which is sad. I have too much makeup and a lot of times products get unused, or not used as much as they should. But it really defines the star products that I reach to again and again. This isn't a star product in my sense, meaning I don't use it daily or very often, but it is a star product in itself.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants an all-in-one face and body highlighter. This shade would flatter most skin tones.

Do you own this product? If so, what do you think?

Have questions about this product? Just leave a comment on this blog post or send an email (kisses@valentinekisses.com). I'll try and answer all questions asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)