June 28, 2011

4th of July Nails

Hello, Beautiful!

Destiny, my youngest niece, wanted a 4th of July manicure. I pulled some polishes, some stamping plates, and pulled together a red, white & blue manicure fit for 4th of July. Not my best work, but it works. Enjoy!


All her nails together:

The supplies:

  • Essie First Base base coat
  • Glee polish (no name; just a clear base with glitter)
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri -- Co-Bolt Blue
  • China Glaze -- Ruby Deer
  • Wet n Wild Wild Shine - French White Creme
  • OPI - Sparkle-icious
  • China Glaze - Dorothy Who?
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Cherry Red
  • Essie - Mesmerized
  • Milani One Coat Glitter - Red Sparkle
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
  • (not shown) stamping plates for the scattered stars and the USA star designs
  • (not shown) small paint brush for the firework and flag designs




Details Of Each Design:

Pinky: Scattered Stars
I started with two coats of Wet n Wild Wild Shine polish in French White Creme. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish in Cherry Red to stamp the scattered stars onto her nail; I can't remember which stamping plate I used. Then I used the Glee polish over top to add sheer sparkle to the scattered stars.

Ring Finger: Firework
I started with two coats of Essie's Mesmerized polish. Then I used a thin paint brush and hand painted a firework design onto the nail using OPI's Spakle-icous.


Middle Finger: USA Star Stamp
I started with two coats of Wet n Wild Wild Shine polish in French White Creme. Then I used Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri polish in Co-Bolt Blue to stamp the design onto the nail.


Pointer Finger: Red Sparkle
To keep things simple I did one coat of Milani's One Coat Glitter polish in Red Sparkle. This shade stands out on its own and doesn't need much else to look great.


Thumb: Flag
I started with two coats of Wet n Wild's Wild Shine polish in French White Creme. Using a thin brush I made red stripes using China Glaze's polish in Ruby Deer. I left a blank square at the top left corner for the blue part of the flag, which I filled in with a small brush using China Glaze's polish in Dorothy Who?, followed by making small white dots (to represent stars) using the same white Wet n Wild polish.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)