June 5, 2011

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss: swatches & review of shades 256 Negligee Pink and 157 Twin Set Pink

Hello, Beautiful!

A couple months ago I splurged on two Dior Addict Ultra Glosses. I hadn't tried any Dior lip proudcts up until these glosses and have always wanted to. At $27 a piece it is certainly a splurge for me and one that I'm not 100% confident about. Continue reading for swatches and a full review...





Now shade by shade...


Dior Addict Ultra Gloss - #157 Twin Set Pink
Shade Description: A warm light peachy pink shimmer.





Dior Addict Ultra Gloss - #256 Negligee Pink
Shade Description: A sheer neutral light pink.




Review of Dior Addict Ultra Gloss:

Basic stats for Dior's Addict Ultra Gloss:
Formula: liquid (gloss)
Coverage: sheer to light color
Wear: disappears at a normal gloss rate
Shade Range: 12 shades on Sephora.com
Container Type: square tube container; brush applicator
Cost: $27 for 0.21 oz full size
Availability: I purchased mine at Sephora.com, but Dior can be found at many upscale retailers
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Formula:
This is a light-weight gloss formula that is described as a flash-plumping gloss. However, I don't want you to think this is a plumping lip gloss, because it's not. It's simply so shiny that the extra light that bounces off your lips will make your lips appear plumped. However, on my small lips it didn't do a whole lot of "my lips look bigger", but they do look very nice and shiny! Hyaluronic spheres keeps lips smooth and moisturized, which I do find true!

Coverage:
You'll get a nice sheer to light wash of color; just enough to add color to your lips but not too much so you don't have to make a bold statement.

Wear:
Average gloss wear; nothing long lasting.

Shade Range:
There are 12 shades available on Sephora.com and only half of the shades are ones I'd want to own. Then again, I don't like brighter shades or dark or red shades. Regardless, with the sheerness of these glosses you could go for a brighter gloss and look fantastic. I think I want to try #654 Pink Veil, which is a pretty watermelon pink.

Container Type:
Square gloss tube with a brush applicator. I hate brush applicators on glosses; I prefer a doe-foot applicator, but that comes down to personal preference. The brush on this gloss is nice though; the bristles don't go in crazy directions so it feels like a smooth and easy application.

Cost:
At $27 each they are a splurge for me! I know Dior is an expensive brand but I have the hardest time spending almost $30 on one lip gloss. I know it's just a few bucks more than NARS glosses, which I will gladly buy without hesitation, but since I hadn't tried these out I was really hesitant. Will I buy this again in the future? Maybe. I'm not dying to buy another and I honestly don't use the two I have now all that much. I've been trying to use them more, but I don't reach for them as often as I probably should.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)