June 28, 2011

My Niece's Multi-Design Mani, plus a failed water marbling mani

Hello, Beautiful!

This morning my other niece, Alyssa, had her turn for a nail art mani. She couldn't decide on one theme so we did five different themes! Each finger had a different theme and the opposite hand had the same theme but in different colors. Wait until you see how many polishes we used for just this one manicure!

Plus, at the end I'll show you a few pics from her (failed) water marbling manicure that I attempted.

Don't forget to check out my other niece's 4th of July Mani if you haven't already checked out that post. Click here to go to that post.

All her nails together:


The Supplies:
  • Color Club - Poptastic
  • Color Club - Chelsea Girl
  • Wet n Wild, Wild Shine - French White Creme
  • Wet n Wild, Wild Shine - Black Creme
  • Wet n Wild, Megalast - Collecting Pollen
  • Wet n Wild, Megalast - Garden Hose
  • Milani, 3D Holographic - HI-RES
  • Milani, One Coat Glitter - Purple Gleam
  • Milani, One Coat Glitter - Blue Flash
  • Milani, One Coat Glitter - Red Sparkle
  • Milani, One Coat Glitter - Gold Glitz
  • Cosmetic Arts - no name; a neon purple
  • American Apparel - Malibu Green
  • Savina - Purple Hologram
  • Sally Hansen, Insta-Dri - Racey Rouge
  • Sally Hansen, Insta-Dri - Fuchsia Flare
  • (not shown) Sally Hansen, Xtreme Wear - Cherry Red
  • Kleancolor - My Rightful Throne
  • China Glaze - Midnight Kiss
  • Essence - Just In Case
  • Essence - Ultimate Pink
  • Clarie's - Bedazzled
  • Nail Ritz nail art pen - White
  • Nail Ritz nail art pen - Black
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
  • (not shown) small paint brushes
  • (not shown) dotting tool

Details Of Each Design:

Right Thumb: Comic Book BOOM
I started with two coats of Color Club's Poptastic. Then I made the white part of the comic bubble using Nail Ritz nail art pen in White. I outlined the white comic bubble using Nail Ritz nail art pen in Black, and used the same pen to write "BOOM". I used a dotting tool to make the white dots, which I dipped into Wet n Wild's Wild Shine polish in French White Creme.


Right Pointer Finger: Purple Leopard 
I started with two coats of Milani's 3D Holographic polish in Hi-Res. Next I used a dotting tool to apply Cosmetic Art's purple polish in random spots. I used a small paint brush to paint black lines around the purple dots and added a few random black dots using Wet n Wild's Wild Shine Black Creme polish.


Right Middle Finger: Purple Kisses
I started with two coats of American Apparel's Malibu Green. I used a small brush to apply the kiss print design using Milani's One Coat Glitter polish in Purple Gleam.


Right Ring Finger: Cupcake
I started with two coats of Savina's polish in Purple Hologram. Next I applied Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri polish in Racey Rouge to make the bottom of the cupcake. I painted the lines on using a small brush and Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri polish in Fuchsia Flare. For the blue part of the cupcake I used a small brush and Milani's One Coat Glitter in Blue Flash. I added a sparkly red cherry on top with a dotting tool using Milani's One Coat Glitter in Red Sparkle. To add "sprinkles" to the cupcake I used a small brush and hand selected glitter from Kleancolor's My Rightful Throne polish.


Right Pinky: Yellow & Gold Zebra
I started with two coats of Wet n Wild's Megalast polish in Collecting Pollen. I used a small brush to apply zebra stripes to the nail using Milani's One Coat Glitter in Gold Glitz.


Left Thumb: Comic Book
I started with two coats of Color Club's Chelsea Girl polish. Then I made the white part of the comic bubble using Nail Ritz nail art pen in White. I outlined the white comic bubble using Nail Ritz nail art pen in Black, and used the same pen to write "POW". I used a dotting tool to make the white dots, which I dipped into Wet n Wild's Wild Shine polish in French White Creme.


Left Pointer Finger: Metallic Leopard
I started with two coats of China Glaze's Midnight Kiss. Next I used a dotting tool to apply Essence's polish in Just In Case in random spots. I used a small paint brush to paint black lines around the metallic brown dots and added a few random black dots using Wet n Wild's Wild Shine Black Creme polish.


Left Middle Finger: Kisses
I started with two coats of Essence's Ultimate Pink polish. I used a small brush to apply the kiss prints using Milani's One Coat Glitter polish in Red Sparkle.


Left Ring Ringer: Comic Book
I started with two coats of Wet n Wild's Megalast polish in Garden Hose. Next I applied Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri polish in Fuchsia Flare to make the bottom of the cupcake. I painted the lines on using a small brush and Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri polish in Racey Rouge. For the purple part of the cupcake I used a small brush and Milani's One Coat Glitter in Purple Gleam. I added a red cherry on top with a dotting tool using Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear nail polish in Cherry Red. To add "sprinkles" to the cupcake I used a small brush and hand selected glitter from Claire's Bedazzled polish.


Left Pinky: Zebra
I started with two coats of Wet n Wild's Wild Shine polish in French White Creme. I used a small brush to apply zebra stripes to the nail using Wet n Wild's Wild Shine polish in Black Creme.



Alyssa's Water Marbling Manicure:
This wasn't my first time doing water marbling; I've done it many times in the past with great success. However, this time around it was a total fail and it looks awful! We only did one hand because I was only doing this mani to show her the method so she could try it at home sometime.

Supplies:
  • American Apparel - African Violet
  • OPI - Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Silver Sweep
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

 


2 comments:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)