July 5, 2011

Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment: swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently raved about this product in my May 2011 Favorites post. This lip treatment (balm) is A-MAZING!

For years I had passed up the opportunity to buy the original version of this lip balm (which I also now own) because the price tag was too steep for a lip balm. $22.50 for one lip balm?! I didn't have that kind of money back then, and even when I did I never could bring myself to buy it. Then I saw the Sugar Rose version, which looked like a red-pink version of the clear original. I thought to myself "no way; that's way too bright!". Little did I know at the time that it would go on so beautifully sheer for a perfect kiss of color.

Eventually I finally had some spending money and decided I would go ahead and buy it to see what all the hype was about (the original had gotten great reviews for years). I went on a mini shopping spree at Sephora and the Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment was one of the products I purchased. I'm kicking myself for waiting this long to try it. It's seriously my favorite lip balm of all time!!

Continue reading for swatches and a full review on this amazing lip balm/lip treatment!


Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment
Shade Description: A sheer berry pink rose; no shimmer.

*** My lips were extremely chapped before applying this product; now look at them! Woo hoo! I LOVE this stuff! ***



Basic stats for Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15:
Formula: a soft balm in stick form
Coverage: sheer
Wear: wears pretty long
Shade Range: 4 shades available on Sephora's website
Container: nice round balm/lipstick style twist-up tube; lid twists-off and locks back into place
Cost: $22.50 for 0.15 oz full size on Fresh's website and on Sephora's website
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Formula:
This soft balm in a stick form glides on like butter and feels so good on your lips. This formula is so hydrating and nourishing. I don't know what I like better, the sheer wash of beautiful color or the amazing hydration. I'm glad I don't have to choose between the two! This product is the best of both worlds: beautiful color and hydration for your lips! Although I do want to stress this one point to everyone: this is a softer style balm, which means in regular temperature conditions this balm will be fine, but in high heat conditions this balm will become so soft that it will melt onto your lips if you try to use it. I left this in my car by accident for about 2 hours on a hot day and didn't think twice before applying it to my lips. It came off in a big chunk because it was so soft. I was mad at myself for not checking it before I used it. I had wasted a large chunk of the balm! Just be careful during the summer months!

Coverage:
The three tinted shades will give your lips a perfect kiss of color. For this version, the Sugar Rose, you will get a beautiful pink tint of color. For the Sugar Plum version, you will get a beautiful plum tint of color. And for the Sugar Honey version, you will get a beautiful nude tint of color. The clear shade will just give your lips natural shine.

Wear:
This lasts pretty long for a balm! I was so impressed with how long this lasted on my lips. I can put this on at night and wake up with it still on my lips, knowing it kept them perfectly soft all night long. I don't need to constantly apply this throughout the day, even though I want to!

Shade Range:
Three tinted shades and one clear shade are available. Keep in mind the tinted versions may look scary in color when they're just sitting there in the tube, but then they go on soooo beautifully sheer. Don't be afraid of how dark or bright they look; they really are all beautiful!

Container:
This lip balm container is top of the line; seriously! I love that the lid twists into place so it can't come off on its own. That is a problem solver right there! I can't tell you how many times I've reached into my purse only to find my lip balm cap had come off, or that I completely lost it somewhere. I never have that problem with this balm! The case is also really sturdy and looks really attractive too.

Cost:
$22.50 each, which now seems like a steal for such a great product!

Review:
I'm crazy for this balm! I'm almost out of the Sugar Rose version; what you see remaining in the pics above is all I have left  :(    I still have the original, thankfully, but I'm going to miss my Sugar Rose when it's gone. I know I could go out and buy a new one but right now my makeup budget is maxed out. I'll have to wait a little while before I can re-purchase.

I highly recommend this to everyone who is looking for a really amazing hydrating lip balm, or to anyone looking for a great lip stain or tinted lip product. This is so natural looking that it will work on just about everyone and through all ages too! This is one of those perfect gift items because you can't go wrong!



Let me know what you think! Do you own this or one of the other shades? Do you have any questions about this product? Leave me a comment or send me an email!

1 comment:

  1. Im not sure

    But i think there is a dupe for the fresh sugar, plum, and honey

    The dupes are the co bigelow tinted lipbalms... In the LEMON collection, i havent tried the sugar rose but i have tried the dupes, when you described the colors these automatically popped into mind

    Currently they are only sold online :(
    $7.50 each... You should give them a try

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)