July 30, 2011

Mally City Chick Double Ended Eyeliner - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

This was the first ever Mally product I ever purchased. I remember I bought it from QVC when it was half-off during one of their Super Saturday events, and this was the only shade duo they had available. It's not a shade duo I would normally choose, but I really wanted to try her products and figured for less than $8 it was worth a shot. Well I hated this liner. Sure, it didn't really budge once it was on but the colors were ugly and the formula wasn't very impressive. Thankfully it looks like she may have upgraded this liner a little; I now can only find it available as an automatic pencil and not as one that needs to be sharpened.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...

Mally City Chick Double Ended Eyeliner
Shades: Dusk and Evenshade
Shade Descriptions: Dusk - an olive green with a hint of golden shimmer. Evenshade - a burnt chocolate brown.















Basic stats for Mally's City Chick Double Ended Eyeliner:
Formula: pencil
Coverage: just okay pigmentation
Wear: above average 
Shade Range: n/a
Container: a double ended pencil, both ends require sharpening, pull-off caps 
Cost: n/a
Availability: No longer sold
My Rating: 2 out 5 kisses


Formula:
A double-ended pencil liner that requires sharpening. I think the formula is a little dry.

Coverage:
The pigmentation isn't great. I had to go over the same area a few times on the back of my hand for the swatch photo.
Wear:
They are pretty budge-proof once they set, but I still don't think they're an all-day wear type of pencil.

Container:
An eyeliner duo-ended pencil. Each end has a different shade, which requires sharpening.

Cost/Availability:
This pencil is no longer available as shown in my photos above. I do see this exact same pencil in a duo-ended, automatic combo on Mally's website for the same price this pencil was ($15).

Review:
Mally has some of the best eyeliners now, but this one is a failure for me. The formula isn't impressive at all; pretty dry and not all that pigmented.

To be fair, this liner isn't brand-spanking new and I'm basing my review off my latest use with it (for swatch purposes). It could have gotten harder to work with over time, but honestly I remember this liner not being the smoothest even when I first opened it.

When I swatched these shades it was really patchy and difficult to get a good swatch. They just weren't creamy or dreamy at all. On top of that, the colors in this duo are ugly. Just not my cup of tea.

I would not recommend this liner because Mally makes some really wonderful liners, like her Evercolor Automatic Waterproof Eyeliners.



Now let me know what you think...
Do you own this liner? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, is this something you'd want to own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)