July 11, 2011

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero: swatches & review

Hello, Beautiful!

I first tried Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the Naked Palette, which came with a double-ended 24/7 liner - one side was the shade Zero and the other side was a brown shade, Whisky. The Naked Palette is no longer made with the liner; they now include a full-sized brush instead of the liner.

I loved the black liner so much that I used it to the very nub end of it and then finally went out and bought a full-sized replacement.

Swatches and pics...


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
Shade: Zero
Shade Description: A rich, intense black.










Basic stats for Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil:
Formula: A creamy pencil
Coverage: richly pigmented
Wear: long-wearing
Shade Range: 21 shades available on Sephora.com and 23 shades available on Urban Decay's website
Container: regular pencil, pull-off cap
Cost: $18 for 0.04 oz full size
Availability: Find on Urban Decay's website, on Sephora's website, on Ulta's website and at other high-end cosmetic retailers
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
These pencils are richly pigmented, waterproof, long-lasting, creamy, and award-winning. They glide on like butter and once set, won't budge until you take them off with an eye makeup remover. Created with 50% moisturizing ingredients suspended in a sophisticated waterproof formula, 24/7 Eye Pencils offer long-lasting color and a dreamy, creamy feel when applied. Contains Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E and Cottonseed Oil.

Coverage:
Highly pigmented for rich-intense color. Blendable for about 30 seconds.

Wear:
Very long-wearing and waterproof. After it sets it won't budge.

Shade Range:
They offer a really nice range of shades - from your basics to metallics to bold colors. I only have Zero and Whisky, but I want so many more, even though I almost always wear black. I like the Gunmetal shade and Rockstar shades. For a pop of color I would use Lust or Deviant.

Container:
A regular sized pencil liner, which requires sharpening. Pull-off cap.

Cost/Availability:
$18 each. Available on Urban Decay's website, Sephora, Ulta and other high-end cosmetic retail outlets.

Review:
I love, love, love this liner! There aren't many liners that will stay put on my inner rim/waterline. Even though this isn't as intense of a black shade on my inner rim/waterline, it still goes on and stays on for a long time - which is something 98% of liners will not do. For a regular liner this rocks. It goes on so nicely and gives you rich, intense black color without having to go over the same line multiple times.

It wears a long time too. I've fallen asleep with this on and woke up with it on. And no, you should never sleep in makeup but we all have those nights where we're too tired to even sleep, let alone wash off makeup.

I highly recommend this liner to everyone who wants a liner they don't have to fuss with, that delivers rich intense color, and that lasts all day.

1 comment:

  1. I love this liner too! I just picked up the 24/7 jackpot set that had 9 travel sized liners and a full size Zero.. so awesome. Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)