December 21, 2011

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss - #654 Pink Veil & #756 Evening Rose - swatches, pics, review (plus swatches of all 4 shades I own)

Hello, Beautiful!

Back in June I posted pics and swatches of my first two Dior Addict Ultra Gloss lip glosses (in shades #256 and #157). Not too long ago I splurged on two more shades; #654 and #756. Last time I wasn't sure if I would buy any more of these glosses, but 5 months later I finally decided it was time to try new shades... this time shades that are brighter/richer than the two previous shades I have. In my other post I rated these glosses a 3 out of 5 kisses, but I would now rate them a 4 out of 5 kisses... they'd be perfect glosses if I didn't have to re-apply every hour!

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss
A comparison of the two shades I'm showing in this post.
#654 is Pink Veil; #756 is Evening Rose










Dior Addict Ultra Gloss

A comparison of all four shades I own.
#157 is Twin Set Pink (pearl); #256 is Negligee Pink (glow); #654 is Pink Veil (pearl); #756 is Evening Rose (flash)












Dior Addict Ultra Gloss

Shade: #654 Pink Veil
Shade Description: A juicy watermelon pink with subtle shimmer.
 


















Dior Addict Ultra Gloss
Shade: #756 Evening Rose
Shade Description: A medium pink rose with micro glitter, which looks golden.
 

















Basic stats for Dior Addict Ultra Gloss:
Formula: liquid
Coverage: sheer to light; buildable
Wear: average to below average
Shade Info: 12 shades available
Cost/Availability: $27 (0.21 oz full size). Available on Sephora's website and everywhere Dior cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: square tube; twist-off cap; brush applicator
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This lightweight gloss is described as a flash-plumping gloss; but it is NOT a plumping lip gloss. It's just how shiny this is that it makes your lips appear larger. Hyaluronic spheres keep lips smooth and moisturized.


Coverage:
Sheer to light; buildable. The brighter/deeper the color is the more coverage you'll have.


Wear:
Average to below average, depending on your lifestyle (how much you talk, eat, etc. while wearing this gloss). I have to re-apply every 1 to 2 hours, which I find annoying but the gloss is so pretty that I don't care.


Shade Info:
Available in 12 shades on Sephora's website; I have four of the twelve shades and I have others on my wish list, including 257 - Pink Trench, 686 - Outrageous Fuchsia, and 576 - Sari Pink.


Cost/Availability:
$27 (0.21 oz full size). Available on Sephora's website and everywhere Dior cosmetics are sold.


Packaging:
Squared tube gloss with twist-off lid and attached brush applicator.


Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Review:
I really love the two shades of Dior's Addict Ultra Gloss that I'm sharing with you in this post. I like them more than the previous two shades I've shared with you. The shade Pink Veil - 654 has been one of my new favorites; it's been in my purse since I bought this gloss. It's just a perfect pink that goes with almost any makeup look.

I really love these glosses now. I don't like how I have to re-apply every 1 to 2 hours, but this gloss is so pretty that I don't care. It feels good on my lips, has crazy beautiful shine, and a perfect wash of sheer color. I always feel like my lips look pretty when I wear this gloss.

Now that I've tried four shades total I would absolutely recommend this gloss, but I would recommend the brighter/richer shades -- like Pink Veil and Evening Rose -- instead of the lighter shades. I only say that because for the price of this gloss ($27 a piece) I feel like I get more from the shades that show up better on my lips. I'm too cheap to buy expensive glosses that barely show up. Dior lip glosses (and any of their cosmetics really) are a splurge for me, but they are almost always worth the money!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lip glosses? Which shade is your favorite? Do you own any of these? Discuss in the comments below.



5 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty! I am too cheap to splurge for these, though... MAC for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like Evening Rose! I could use something in that muted-mauve range (with sparkles!). It's been forever since I tried one of these, so I can't remember : what's the scent like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only own one (so far), can't remember the number, but I think it's called Little Red Dress... it's really pigmented and pretty. Love the texture of these glosses and the shine they give off even when you're light handed in the application. 756 looks really nice btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ collier: There really isn't a noticeable scent; there is some kind of scent going on in the background, but it's nothing I've ever taken note of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lips looks so lovely and photogenic on photos ;)
    But the first color is the best (no shimmers)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)