December 4, 2011

Tarina Tarantino Gem Gloss in Neon Vanity -- pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently had to exchange some items at Sephora which allowed me to pick up two new items I've had on my wish list for awhile now; Benefit Hello Flawless! (which I'll blog about in the near future) and Tarina Tarantino Gem Gloss in the shade Neon Vanity. I'm really loving this lip gloss because the shade reminds me of a juicy pink popsicle and it smells delicious and lasts a decent amount of time.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...

Tarina Tarantino Gem Gloss
Shade: Neon Vanity
Shade Description: A juicy looking popsicle pink; no shimmer but plenty of shine!
 















Basic stats for Tarina Tarantino Gem Gloss:
Formula: a moisturizing, slightly plumping, liquid gloss
Coverage: sheer to medium color
Wear: a little above average
Shade Info: 13 shades available on Sephora's website
Cost/Availability: $19 (0.14 fl oz full size). Available on Sephora's website and at most Sephora stores.
Packaging: rounded tube; twist-off cap; longer style doe-foot applicator
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This non-sticky lip gloss hydrates, nourishes, exfoliates, and plumps with a combination of filling spheres, a marine extract blend, a reflective emollient, and a chemical exfoliator. Has a peach sorbet flavor/scent -- which I find yummy. Very shiny and feels comfortable on my lips.


Coverage:
Sheer to medium color pay-off.


Wear:
A little above average wear on this gloss. I didn't need to re-apply as often as I do with other glosses (like Dior's Addict Ultra Gloss, which I have to apply nearly every 30 to 60 minutes!). I went at least 2 hours without even thinking about reapplying and I could go longer.


Shade Info:
Currently available in 13 shades on Sephora's website.


Cost/Availability:
$19 (0.14 fl oz full size). Available on Sephora's website and at most Sephora stores.


Packaging:
Rounded tube with twist-off cap and longer style doe-foot applicator.


Tarina Tarantino Gem Gloss Review:
This is one of my new favorite lip glosses for both the formula and the color! Neon Vanity was the shade that stood out the most to me when I was looking at all the Tarina Tarantino Gem Glosses at my local Sephora store. I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't have selected this shade online because the online swatch looks like a bright pink and the shade name having the word neon in it would make me think twice. Now don't get me wrong, it is a bright shade but it's not in-your-face bright; instead it's juicy bright popsicle pink.

The formula of this gloss is really impressive. It goes on so nicely, feels comfortable on my lips, and keeps them feeling hydrated and smooth. Very nice shine from this gloss without having any shimmer in it at all. I didn't know this gloss had plumping properties before purchasing but after researching further I was happy to read that it does indeed plump lips. I thought I was just crazy thinking my lips looked slightly fuller than normal. There is no stinging, tingling or anything to even feel/know that the gloss is plumping. You just may look at your lips and you'll know they look slightly fuller. The shine helps too.

Let me just talk about the shade Neon Vanity again, because I am obsessed with it! I find it to be sexy, girly, flirty, and incredibly juicy looking. I have been on a search for the perfect popsicle, juicy bright pink and this is it. I am so glad I had to exchange some items at Sephora because I would have never purchased this shade online. I don't get to my "local" Sephora store very often because it's almost an hour away, but when I do I take full advantage of testing out and seeing shades in person so I can better shop online. However, I didn't even swatch any other shade of Gem Gloss because Neon Vanity was just too perfect and immediately went into my shopping bag.

I highly recommend Tarina Tarantino's Gem Gloss, especially the shade Neon Vanity, but even if you don't like the shade you'll probably like the formula!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss? What about the shade Neon Vanity? Do you have this or one of the other gorgeous shades? Discuss in the comments below.



6 comments:

  1. nice review!!!i love the shade of this!=)

    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good lipgloss: stays on well and is non-sticky and the shade is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color looks like a wet gloos non-sticky. Something that no like it's the applicator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope I don't sound like a creeper but you have really pretty lips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sarah S.: Thank you so much! And no, you don't sound like a creeper at all! I really appreciate the compliment, especially because after my nose/chin surgery (the chin part mainly) my lips were like sucked in or something. They looked thin and odd for the longest time. They're finally getting back to normal size/shape. And honestly, the Tarina Tarantino Lip Gloss in Neon Vanity makes them look so pretty... the plumping, the shine, the bright juicy color... all makes for pretty lips! :) Thank you again, I truly appreciate the compliment!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)