November 13, 2012

Beauty Box Five - pics, review


Hello, Beautiful!

I recently was a sent a sample box from Beauty Box Five to review and share with my readers. Beauty Box Five is monthly subscription service. They'll send you 4 to 5 beauty samples each month. The shipment I received has an over $40 value.

Subscriptions are $12 a month (if you sign up for the month-to-month subscription). You can save money by signing up for their quarterly subscription - which is $30 (saving you $6) or their yearly subscription - which is $100 (gives you 2 free months). Boxes ship mid-month.

Keep in mind the box I'm showing you is not the November 2012 shipment; this is just a random mix of products for me to get an idea of what a box may include.

Check out everything in my box... click on pics to view them larger.


Beauty Box Five
Keep in mind the box I'm showing you is not the November 2012 shipment; this is just a random mix of products for me to get an idea of what a box may include.






Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this Beauty Box Five shipment: $41.37 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of makeup items: 3
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of skincare items: 1
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0
  • # of other items: 1

Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

Lash Card
  • MY THOUGHTS: I've received this product in another subscription service box and have yet to use these cards. However, I think they are a fantastic idea! I just generally don't have much trouble with applying my mascara to need one of these. Now what I do need is a shadow guard for shimmery and glittery loose-shadows!
  • FULL SIZE: 10-pack @6.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 2 cards
  • VALUE: $1.40






Pur-lisse Pur-Delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser & Makeup Remover
  • MY THOUGHTS: I like the Pur-lisse brand, so it's always nice to try a new product. I like that this is a cleanser and makeup remover in one, making it simple to take off my makeup at night and feel like my face is clean.
  • FULL SIZE: 5.6 oz @ $36.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1.7 oz
  • VALUE: $10.94
 



CityLips Advanced Formula, clear
  • MY THOUGHTS: I already love this brand and have the original formula, which I've reviewed in the past here. The Advanced Formula is even better; really happy to receive this sample as I'm just about out of the original full sized tube I have.
  • FULL SIZE: 5 ml @ $35.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1.5 ml
  • VALUE: $10.51




Bodyography Foundation Primer
  • MY THOUGHTS: I've never tried this brand before so it will be nice to try something new. I already have a ton of primers, so I'm not sure exactly when I'll get around to testing this out but I know I'll give it a try in the near future. It's also a great size sample tube; over half the full size!
  • FULL SIZE: 1 oz @ $30.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.53 oz
  • VALUE: $16.04
 



Blinc Mascara
  • MY THOUGHTS: I'm not a fan of the original Blinc Mascara, so I didn't bother to open this sample up because I plan to use it in an upcoming giveaway. I do, however, like Blincs new Amplified Mascara - which I recently reviewed here.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.21 oz @ $26.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.02 oz
  • VALUE: $2.48


Let me know what you think...
What do you think of Beauty Box Five? Are you already a subscriber? If so, tell me your thoughts so far on your shipments. If you're not a subscriber, do you think you'll be signing up? Discuss in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)