December 22, 2012

Lancome Hypnose Star Show Stopping Volume Mascara - pics, before & after, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Lancome's new Hypnose Star Show Stopping Mascara gives lashes that va-va-voom look with volume, length, and curl. It has a unique dual-sided brush to get lots of volume! I liked this mascara, as it gave me a faux lash look.

Check out my pics, swatches, before & after, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Lancome Hypnose Star
Show Stopping Mascara
Shade: 01 Noir Midnight

 













Lancome Hypnose Star Show Stopping Mascara Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $28.00 (1 fl oz full size). Available on the Lancome website, at Sephora, and everywhere else Lancome cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Get lashes that have intense volume and pretty curl with Lancome's new Hypnose Star Show Stopping Mascara. This mascara dresses lashes in intense volume, unfolding a new vision of glamour inspired by Betty Boop and top model Daria Werbowy. The formula's "black-diamond effect" imparts a glossy gel-like finish. The dual-action brush has a flat side for optimizing product deposit at the lash line while the rounded side separates, defines and lengthens.

This mascara has a new dual-sided brush, which was easy to adjust to but may need a little practice for some people. If you need any help at all Lancome has a how-to video on their website.

I thought this mascara went on great for the first coat but after that it did get a little clumpy on my lashes. The photos shown are with three coats, although two is really all you need. At 2 coats I needed to use a lash comb to get rid of some clumps, but it wasn't an overly clumpy mess. It has fairly smooth and even application, with just a little clean up using a lash comb - which took care of the clumps (I just didn't fully de-clump for the photos so you could see some of the clumpy-ness).

The second time I applied this mascara I only used 2 coats and I had much better results than shown in the before and after photos. Then I used it a few more times and I've since become a fan of this mascara. I like to layer my mascaras a lot, meaning I will use one brand of mascara for a first coat then another mascara for a 2nd coat, and sometimes I use up to 4 different mascaras for my lashes. I've come to like using Mally's Volumizing Mascara for a first coat, then Lancome's Hypnose Star for a 2nd coat and my lashes come out flirty and gorgeously beautiful!

I love the deep, rich black shade and loved the final look to my lashes. It gives me a faux lash look with length, volume, and pretty curl.

I'm a fan of this mascara and would recommend you give it a try and see if it's right for you!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this mascara? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I received a sample of this and agree with you completely. It does tend to get a bit clumpy, but like you I always layer my mascaras and you can get a really beautiful look by using a light hand with this.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)