March 10, 2013

Makeup Dupes --- Coming Soon!!! I'm so excited!


Hello, Beautiful!

I'm really excited because I've been working on going through my entire makeup collection to find as many makeup dupes on just about everything I own. I know there are plenty of makeup dupe posts and videos out there, specifically referring to dupes for MAC products, but I don't own a lot of MAC at all so most of my dupes will be for other high-end, department store and specialty brands. If you're looking for MAC dupes I may not be much help at all with that, but if you want dupes for other high-end brands - like NARS, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Smashbox, Make Up For Ever, Stila, Benefit, and many more, then I think you'll find my makeup dupes blog post very helpful.

I've already gone through a bunch of products, but still have plenty more to go through before I'm completely done. I'm having a lot of fun, especially when I find such amazing dupes -- meaning you can save money! Who doesn't love that?! I know I do! The only products I don't plan to go through at this time are primers, concealers, foundations and setting products. Specifically for the concealers and foundations I'd want to do more testing and before/afters, and I just don't have many/if any primers and setting products from the drugstore. I also don't want to waste money and just go out to get drugstore products searching for dupes, so I'm just working with what I currently own (which is a lot on its own).

I've already found many great low-cost dupes that are practically identical to some high-end/specialty brand products I own. And for me, dupes must be really spot-on. I know there are some products that are good-enough but aren't spot-on. When I look for a dupe, I'm looking at undertones, the finish, how it looks when I move my hand to show any color/sheen variances, the texture, and the performance of the product. If it's not an almost identical match then it really isn't a dupe to me; it's a "good-enough" product and a good alternative option, but to me it's not a dupe. It's sort of like when you read magazines and you see the fashion "lust" and "must" -- they're rarely ever identical but they're always similar or with the same theme/idea in mind. I always get frustrated when I see that in magazines because I feel like they didn't try hard enough to find a great dupe for the fashion lust. So yeah, because of my way of thinking, lol, you'll see that I'm pretty particular with my dupes and they'll be pretty much spot-on, identical, hard-to-tell-a-difference dupes.

I also found a dupe from the same brand (Mally), of the same product (shadow stick), just a different formula (one is her regular shadow stick, the other is the Age Rebel shadow stick); they have two different shade names, but they're identical in color. And I mean they are I-dent-i-cal! So yeah, can't wait to show you all that one too, and if I find any more like that.

I'll have swatches of all the dupes so you can see how closely matched they are; although not sure how they will appear on camera but I can assure you in real life they are pretty close. I will likely do a video as well.

Anyhow... enough rambling on and on... I'm just very excited and my arm is worn out from swatching like a mad woman. I just wanted to let you all know a makeup dupes post is coming very soon!

Enjoy the start of your week!  : )

6 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about this! I feel like I've bought things in the past that were "dupes" but I always went back to the original high end product... so, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sweet (and Sour) Lou Lou: I really haven't gone into dupe territory too much, but lately I've been using things and thought... hey, this seems like so and so. Plus, I'm on a major beauty budget right now so I'm exploring more drugstore products. I can say that Milani is giving a lot of brands a run for their money!

    For example, out of all my black pencil liners I have, there is one from Too Faced (I think it's the Perfect Eyes Eyeliner but I'm not 100% sure; I don't have it right near me to check) that is the top, most intense black shade out of all my black pencil liners, and it's super creamy. The Milani Liqui'fye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil in black (which isn't even metallic, but who cares lol) matches the intensity and same super creamy feel. I mean, they're practically the same product - except I almost feel the Milani one performs better! The Too Faced liner is $18, and the Milani retails for $6.99 but you can usually find some kind of coupon to use to get it cheaper - so the difference from retail price is $11!

    Anyways -- I am way too excited about these dupes I've found, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for your dupes!! Packing and name recognition isn't a huge concern of mine anymore so if I can get a product that can be tens of dollars cheaper, heck yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh this is going to be super helpful! I'm especially excited for your UD dupes, as they tend to release a lot of "limited edition" colours through palettes. I fall in love with a few colours from the palette, then can't buy them as singles when I run out :( So looking forward to this post! Can't imagine how long it took you to go through everything xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you find, Crystal! I'm also on a very meager budget (for everything, really) as I am disabled, (for real, and it's no picnic!) so what little I am able to buy is always from the drugstore.What you are planning is very exciting for me!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)