July 17, 2013

LAQA & CO. Nail Polish (4 shades), Nail Polish Pen (1 shade), Nail Polish Remover Pads - pics, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

LAQA & CO. is a New York based cosmetics brand that cover their packaging in unique artwork by young artists looking to get their work seen by lots of people - plus, the artists get a cut of the profit from every product purchased. I think that's a fun, unique twist on product packaging! I have a few of their products to share with you in this post - all nail related. I have four shades of their nail polish in shades Newfangled, Tweedledee, Birthday Suit and Bounty Hunter. I also have one of their nail polish pens in the shade Bounty Hunter. And I have a set of their Nail Polish Remover Pads. Check out my full review on each product, including all the product info, after each set of pics! Look for a review on their lip pencils coming soon (which some of you may have already gotten to try in a Birchbox).


LAQA & CO. Nail Polish
Shades: Newfangled, Tweedledee, Bounty Hunter, Birthday Suit
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.
 






LAQA & CO. Nail Polish
Shade: Newfangled






 






LAQA & CO. Nail Polish
Shade: Tweedledee






 






LAQA & CO. Nail Polish
Shade: Bounty Hunter





 






LAQA & CO. Nail Polish
Shade:  Birthday Suit






 




LAQA & CO. Nail Polish Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $11.00 (0.29 fl oz full size). Available on the LAQA & CO. website and everywhere else LAQA & CO. cosmetics are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses

Currently available in 15 shades - and I'd want them all!

I have four shades: Newfangled, Tweedledee, Birthday Suit, and Bounty Hunter. My favorite of those four is Newfangled! Read below for shade descriptions and artist information.

Newfangled:

Tweedledee:
  • Coral
  • Packing artwork created by Paul Price. An Irish designer, Paul currently works for a small digital publishing company and intern at an advertising agency, and one day dreams of typographic fame and fortune.
  • Click here to view this polish on the LAQA & CO. website.

Bounty Hunter: 

Birthday Suit:
  • Nude
  • Packaging artwork created by Amy Ross. Boston-based artist Amy Ross is interested in the idea of artist as mad scientist. She creates implausible hybrid creatures that subvert the traditional genre of botanical illustration. View Amy Ross prints here.
  • Click here to view this polish on the LAQA & CO. website.

These polishes went on really nicely. Most could be opaque in just one coat. For Newfangled I used just one coat. For Tweedledee I used two coats. For Bounty Hunter I used one coat. And for Birthday Suit I used two coats. 

Decent staying power too - although I almost never go more than a couple days without changing my polish so I can't really say how super long you could go wearing these polishes before chipping would occur (and your base and top coat can have a lot to do with staying power as well).

These polishes are 3 Free! They come in skinny, taller bottles. They don't hold as much as most polishes do (most are about 0.50 fl oz). I like the packaging too -- I love that they use artists who are trying to get their name out there and I especially like that the artists get a cut from the sales.

Really liked these polishes and yes, I'd recommend this line!




LAQA & CO. Nail Polish Pen
Shade: Bounty Hunter











LAQA & CO. Nail Polish Pen Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $14.00 (0.17 fl oz full size). Available on the LAQA & CO. website and everywhere else LAQA & CO. cosmetics are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Available in the same 15 shades, the LAQA & CO. Nail Polish Pens are on-the-go easy-to-use versions of the regular line of nail polish.

The shade I have in this Nail Polish Pen is Bounty Hunter, a great fuchsia shade. The packaging artwork created by Charles Wilkin. View Charles Wilkin's work hereClick here to see this nail polish pen on the LAQA & CO. website.

I like the idea of a nail polish pen, and I did find it was easy to apply with the brush, but the polish came out a lot thinner than their regular nail polish. When the shade Bounty Hunter in their regular polish I only needed one coat, but with this one I used about 3. I didn't feel it applied as evenly or that I got as nice of a finish.

You also don't get as much polish with the pens -- only 0.17 fl oz for $14, where as their regular polishes are only $11 and you get more polish, at 0.29 fl oz each.

I like the idea of a polish pen, and I think they'd be great for touch-up's or to keep in a travel bag (since they aren't in breakable glass bottles like the polish), but I still way prefer their regular polish over their polish pens.




LAQA & CO. Nail Polish Remover Pads



LAQA & CO. Nail Polish Remover Pads Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $5.95 (1 fl oz full size). Available on the LAQA & CO. website and everywhere else LAQA & CO. cosmetics are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you. 
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses

These polish remover pads work anywhere, just like the LAQA & CO. nail polish pens! They come 32 per pack.

These are pretty thin, so be careful picking them up because the first time I picked them up I thought I had one, but I really had three - and you wouldn't want to waste them.

What I loved most about these is the scent. They don't smell like nail polish remover. They have a sort of vanilla scent -- or at least that's the best I could do at describing it. They did work to remove the polish (they're what I used to remove the LAQA & CO. polish during this swatch session for this blog post). They also didn't super dry my nails out.

I did really like these and would recommend!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these nail products? What shade is your favorite? Have you tried any of these products or the brand? What do you think of the packaging designed by artists? Discuss in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute colors and package!! Like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty colours! They look awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nunca había visto un esmalte en formato tubo con pincel! besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is very pretty, makes me want to try it...nice review dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tweedledee is my favorite of them and I absolutely love the packaging!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)