July 8, 2013

Studio Gear CC Cream in Natural & Perfect Concealer in Perfect Light - pics, before & afters, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I have two face products from Studio Gear to show you in this post; I have a sample tube (half the size of the full sized) of their new CC Cream , which I have in the shade Natural. I also have their Perfect Concealer in the shade Perfect Light. Check out my full reviews and all the product info after each product's set of photos - plus, save 10% off your purchase with the code VALENTINE13

Studio Gear
CC Cream & Perfect Concealer
Shades: CC Cream in Natural, Perfect Concealer in Perfect Light
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual product.



Studio Gear CC Cream in Natural






Studio Gear CC Cream Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $34.00 (1 fl oz full size). Available on the Studio Gear website, at Ulta, and everywhere else Studio Gear Cosmetics are sold. If purchasing from the Studio Gear website, use the code VALENTINE13 to save 10% off your entire purchase!
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Transform and enhance your complexion with the newest revolution in beauty - Studio Gear's Color Correcting Cream, aka their CC Cream.

This incredibly light formula can simultaneously fight aging, retain moisture, and cover and treat blemishes with a non-oily, perfectly radiant finish. Prevents fine lines and wrinkles with collagen-building ingredients. Restores skin elasticity by promoting moisture retention. Brightens and luminates skin with a non-oily, complete coverage application. Has an SPF 20. Provides up to 72 hours of continuous hydration. Skin nourishing and brightening ingredients help to correct and maintain a youthful complexion. Oil-free.

Available in three shades: Linen, Natural, and Wheat. I have the shade Natural, which works well with my skintone. This is a color-adjusting formula, where is starts off "white" and turns to the shade you selected. The color will come about as you blend it into your skin.

It has a smooth texture and it didn't feel sticky on my face. It did feel a bit wet on my face, and as it dried my skin felt like it was getting slightly tighter. 

I don't think this is a "complete coverage" product, at least not for my skin, but it does offer sheer to light coverage and you could build it up in layers. For me, I'd use this as a primer or on its own if I'm not leaving the house, as I just prefer more coverage. But I do think this is a nice CC Cream worth checking out - especially if you like the self-adjusting color products that change from white to a color.




Studio Gear Perfect Concealer in Perfect Light








Studio Gear Perfect Concealer Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $18.00 (0.05 oz full size). Available on the Studio Gear website, at Ulta, and everywhere else Studio Gear cosmetics are sold. If purchasing from the Studio Gear website, use the code VALENTINE13 to save 10% off your entire purchase!
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

A revolutionary new texture and experience in concealer, Studio Gear's Perfect Concealer is a silicone emulsion formulation that feels and performs like a cream to powder. Provides exceptional application, studio quality coverage, extended wear, as well as treatment and moisturizing benefits.

Natural botanicals and optical diffusers help to minimize puffiness and reduce the appearance of fine lines, while Vitamins C and E provide powerful antioxidant protection.

Available in three shades: Perfect Fair, Perfect Light, Perfect Medium. I have the shade Perfect Light - which  when I first swatched (as you can see in the photos) seemed very yellow toned, which I liked, and then as I blended it out it became a big lighter in tone. On my eyes, it almost had a gray/white cast to it. It did a good job at covering up redness but you can still see my dark circles.

It does have a creamy texture and it is richly pigmented. In the tube it looked like the color had separated; I tried to shake it but that didn't seem to make a difference. It did come out a bit separated too, but it blended together perfectly.

I would recommend that your under eyes are moisturized/primed because I did find it was a bit tough to blend out for my before & after and I didn't have any moisturizer on.

Overall, I think this is a nice concealer that's worth checking out.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these two products? Have you tried either of them or would you like to? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)