August 19, 2013

MAKE Brow Sculpting Duo in Cool & Expert Brow Definer Brush#10 - pics, before & after, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I love trying brow products out, since I fill in my brows every single day. I recently tried the MAKE Brow Sculpting Duo and the MAKE Expert Brow Definer Brush. This combo gives me a natural looking brow that is defined but not over done. Check out my full review below, including all the product info, after each set of pics.





MAKE Brow Sculpting Duo
Shade: 4802 Cool











MAKE Brow Sculpting Duo Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $24.00 (0.135 oz full size). Available on the We See Beauty website.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

This expert pairing sculpts and arches brows with a long-lasting powder to fill and correct and a coordinating wax to tame and set. Infused with squalane, vitamin E and jojoba and sunflower oils to nourish and protect. 33.3% of all sales on We See Beauty is donated to the We See Beauty Foundation that establishes and supports cooperatives.

Fill in brows with the powder first and then use the wax to set.

Available in three shades:
  • Calm: soft taupe shades for blonde to light brown hair.
  • Cool: warm brown shades for medium brown and red hair.
  • Collected: deep espresso shades for dark brown and black hair.
I have a hard time finding the perfect brow color because a lot of brunette shades have red in them. I was hesitate to choose the Cool shade at first because it does say it's for medium brown and red hair, which made me think this may be yet another brow product that has too much red in it. However, the color turned out to be a really good match. Sure, it's a warmer brown -- although from the photos it looks more ashy, but it's not -- but it doesn't have a lot of red in it, making it work pretty nicely with my natural brow hair color.

The powder itself isn't super pigmented, but its pigmented enough to give brows a soft, natural look. The wax looks very dark, but it is a very sheer tinted wax that goes on almost clear. I don't really like using the wax - I prefer to set with a brow gel - but the brow powder is really nice. It lasts a decent amount of time and the color is a good fit.

As you can see in my before & after pic, it gives me a natural looking brow without looking over done. In person (because the photos show every detail that you normally wouldn't see in everyday lighting), this looks very nice and pulled together. When I want a simple brow I will just use the powder and when I want a more defined brow I will use a brow pencil first, then fill in with a powder.

Overall, I did like this duo. It's not my favorite brow product that I've ever tried, but I do find myself reaching for it often since getting it. Check this out the next time you're looking for a brow product.




MAKE Expert Brow Definer Brush #10







MAKE Expert Brow Definer Brush #10 Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $16.00. Available on the We See Beauty website.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

From bold to elegantly slim, get the arches you want with the MAKE Brow Definer Brush. The slender angled tip, packed with natural sable hairs, grips both powder and cream brow formulas for excellent application. The high-gloss handle is lacquered nine times for maximum durability. Not tested on animals; cruelty-free. 33.3% of all sales on We See Beauty is donated to the We See Beauty Foundation that establishes and supports cooperatives.

This brush isn't super expensive, but it's not on the low end either, and because of the price I wanted to point something out because I know some of you out there don't like short handled brushes. This brush is about the size I'd expect of a travel brush, although the brush head itself is full size. I don't always mind a short handled brush, and I'm not complaining about it, but I did want to point it out. I also wish the opposite end had a spooley to help brush product through the hairs.

The actual brush applies products nicely; I've used it with the MAKE Brow Sculpting Duo and I've used it as an eyeliner brush. It works great for both uses. It's held up through a couple washes so far with no issues.

I think this is a nice brow brush that I'd recommend pairing with your MAKE Brow Sculpting Duo.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these brow products? Have you tried the brow duo or the brush? Or did you add either of these products to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)