August 19, 2013

Mineral Hygienics Sheer Mineral Foundation (2 shades), Kabuki XL brush, Mineral Enhancer, & Sheer Perfection -- pics, swatches, before & after, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently tried out several products from the brand Mineral Hygienics. I'll show you all those products in this post, starting with their Sheer Mineral Foundation - which I have in shades Medium and Medium Golden, their Kabuki XL brush, their Sheer Perfection in Silk Translucent (setting powder), and their Mineral Enhancer in Warm Kiss (bronzer). Read my full review on each product, along with all the product info, after each set of pics!

Also, just for my readers, I have a 10% off code that is good through October 8, 2013! Just use the code valentinekiss and you'll get 10% off your entire order! Great if you're looking to try one of their starter kits!





Mineral Hygienics Sheer Mineral Foundation
Shades: Medium, Medium Golden
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.










Mineral Hygienics Foundation Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $25.00 (40 g full size jar). Available on the Mineral Hygienics website.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Mineral Hygienics Foundation is all natural. They eliminated the harmful fillers, stabilizers, dyes, perfumes, talc, and petro-chemicals that are often inundated in cosmetic products today. Mineral Hygienics is rich in Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, a naturally occurring mineral that blocks harmful UVA and UVB sun rays to prevent sun induced skin damage.

Available in 15 shades. I have shades Medium and Medium Golden. The Medium is a little too neutral undertone and slightly too light for me, where as the Medium Golden on its own is just a bit too warm for me, so mixing the two together creates a near perfect shade match! In my before & after pic I used the Golden Medium shade for Layer 1 and then I used a mix of Golden Medium and Medium for Layer 2.

This foundation has really nice coverage for a mineral makeup. Two layers seem to give me a near flawless complexion. I will say that because they are so pigmented they can be a bit difficult to blend out, so make sure you use a primer for smoothing application and also really swirl the brush in the cap with the product so it applies more evenly. If you don't buff it into the brush before you apply it can be difficult to blend out because of how dense and richly pigmented this formula is. You can use a smaller brush - like a concealer brush - to spot conceal because this formula is very richly pigmented and will cover them up nicely.

I did find it looked natural and healthy on my skin; it wasn't too matte and it didn't look dry. I really liked the coverage I got with 2 light layers. It wears pretty well too - I didn't really need to touch up as much as I do with other mineral foundations.

Probably the only con I noted was that when I went to remove this makeup - with a makeup remover wipe - it felt really thick and was a bit stubborn to get off. For example, when I only applied this foundation on half my face (to really see the coverage level) and then went to wipe my face off with a makeup remover wipe, the wipe went over my skin just fine on all the areas I didn't have this foundation, and then on the areas I had this foundation it was more stubborn and less flowing on the skin.

Even though this is a heavier mineral foundation, it feels light on the skin and still looks natural. It will give you light to full coverage depending on the application method. I'd recommend this if you've been disappointed with the coverage level of mineral foundations in the past.


Mineral Hygienics Kabuki XL Brush




Mineral Hygienics Full Coverage Kabuki Brush Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $28.00. Available on the Mineral Hygienics website.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

This is listed as the Full Coverage Kabuki Brush on their website, but I labeled it as the Kabuki XL based on what it says on the actual brush itself.

Some consider the Mineral Hygienics kabuki a super kabuki because of their unique handle design and incredible attention to detail and quality of the hairs. This kabuki's compressed bristles provide wonderful application that will impress you so much you'l never consider using another brush. The super soft bristles feel amazing on your face as the round taper provides smooth, even coverage.

I will agree that this is a nice quality brush that feels good on your face. It's not the softest brush in the world, but it doesn't scratch your face. It picks up and applies the product nicely - not just the Mineral Hygienics foundation but other powder products as well (I've kept this brush in my purse makeup bag for touch-up's of whatever powder I have with me that day).

I do think $28 is a bit steep for this brush, as the handle is small and it seems like a travel-size brush, but the brush head is full size. I don't mind the small handle necessarily but not sure I'd pay $28 for it separately. This brush comes in their starter sets - and their mini starter set is $29.99, so you might as well go for that if you want the brush because you'll get two mini foundation shades with it.

I liked this brush and would recommend getting it in one of the Mineral Hygienics starter kits!




Mineral Hygienics Mineral Enhancer
Shade: Warm Kiss








Mineral Hygienics Mineral Enhancer Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $20.00 (full size). Available on the Mineral Hygienics website
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Warm Kiss Mineral Bronzer. Soft, sheer, subtle sunkissed glow. Create the illusion of radiant, sun-kissed skin! Use as a healthy looking complexion booster, blush, cheek contour, eye shadow or lip color. The Mineral Hygienics Sheer Mineral Enhancers are light, natural and are perfect for color adjustments to your foundation.

I thought this was just an okay product; the color itself was not a flattering match for my skintone. It was too red and terracotta looking against my skintone to really look nice. It made my face look dirty and like I was just slapped in the face with a dirty hand or something. I know that sounds terrible, but keep in mind that this shade may look beautiful on your skintone!

There are other shades of their Mineral Enhancer: They have Cool Kiss - which doesn't look all that great for my skintone either - and they also have Radiant Mineral Illuminizer (pink) and Glow Mineral Illuminizer (yellow/gold). Out of all their Mineral Enhancers I think the only one that would really compliment my skintone is the Glow Mineral Illuminizer.

This just wasn't a shade or product for me, but it may be one for you.




Mineral Hygienics Sheer Perfection
Shade: Silk Translucent







Mineral Hygienics Finishing Powder Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $19.00 (full size). Available on the Mineral Hygienics website
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

A super luxurious powder that will perfect your look. It is the final touch that will make your skin exceptional. Your face will feel as soft as silk, and look even better.

This finishing powder has a nice texture and doesn't leave a white cast to my skin. When used lightly to set your makeup it looks nearly undetectable. I found that it didn't leave my skin too matte, but it just helped to keep my makeup in place.

This isn't my most favorite setting powder I own, but I did like it and I would recommend picking it up in one of the Mineral Hygienics starter kits. They also have a matte version, which I think I may enjoy more.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these Mineral Hygienics products? Have you tried out any of these or did you add any to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)