September 8, 2013

GG Gatsby Ocean-Kissed Waves Texture Mist - pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I've tried many hair styling sprays that promise to give you beachy waves, and a lot of them just don't work in my hair. I recently tried the GG Gatsby Ocean-Kissed Waves Texture Mist with less than stellar results. That's not to say it won't work for you, and it wasn't a total fail per say. Read my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

GG Gatsby Ocean-Kissed Waves Texture Mist
 


GG Gatsby Ocean-Kissed Waves Texture Mist Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $12.99 (4.2 fl oz full size). Available on the GG Gatsby website.
My Rating: 2 out of 5 Kisses

Create sexy, textured, tousled waves with sun-kissed shine with argan oil anytime! Creates waves on wet or dry hair with a flexible hold. Non-sticky formula. Free of silicone, phthalates and parabens. UV protection with a natural UV filter. For all hair types.

I'm going to start my review by saying I've tried a bunch of wave sprays and a lot of them just don't work in my hair but they often work for other people, so just because something doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. I have long, fine, thin hair that does have a slight natural wave to it (although mostly straight).

With all that being said, I have to say this product really didn't work for me. It's not the worst that I've tried, but it's not usable for me to create beachy waves. I've tried this on wet, damp/towel-dried, and on dry hair. It did nothing when my hair was wet, nothing on damp/towel-dried hair, and hardly anything on my dry hair. I tried to scrunch it. I tried to twirl it. I tried to use a blow dryer on low air flow to help set it. Nothing made this work for me.

On top of not working, I hated the way this smelled. The only way I can describe it is that it smelled like rubbing alcohol and coconuts.

So for me, this wasn't something I would re-purchase and if you have my hair type I wouldn't recommend it. However, like I already mentioned, I know a lot of people who have great results with wave sprays that have failed for me so don't let this one review be your deciding factor if you usually have good luck with wave sprays because it very well could work for you.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this product? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I have naturally wavy hair and this worked great for me. It's the best I've tried in years. Doesn't dull hair like most texturizing sprays and also isn't too heavy or oily. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)