September 12, 2013

Global Goddess Beauty Complexion Perfection Duo Foundation & Concealer & Complexion Perfection Japanese Rice Powder - pics, before & after, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love trying out new foundations, and in this post I have a foundation and concealer duo product please a setting powder to share with you. Both products are from the brand Global Goddess Beauty. First is their Complexion Perfection Duo Skin Nourishing Foundation/Concealer, which I have in the shade 2.0. Second is their Complexion Perfection Japanese Rice Powder with Ginseng. Check out my full review on each product, including all the product info, after the pics!

Global Goddess Beauty
Complexion Perfection Duo
Skin Nourishing Foundation/Concealer
Shade: 2.0












Global Goddess Beauty Complexion Perfection Duo Foundation/Concealer Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $17.99 (0.42 oz full size). Available on the Efficient Living website, at Dermstore (for some reason the Dermstore website is charging a lot more and they only have two shades to choose from), and everywhere else Global Goddess Beauty products are sold.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

The three C's of flawless beauty - care, coverage and concealment. The Complexion Perfection Duo creates the perfect balance. It not only takes the guesswork out of achieving a flawless face for any skin tone, but it's also a nourishing skin-saving treatment. Global ingredients like Illippe Butter, Neem and Chamomile soothe your precious skin.

The cream-to-powder foundation glides on to a silky matte finish, while the matching concealer is the perfect emollient formula to minimize wrinkles and shadows.

Available in several shades; I have shade 2.0, which is the 3rd lightest shade and when it showed up in the mail I was a bit worried because the foundation looked too dark and the concealer looked too light. However, the foundation was a near perfect match for me! The concealer is still too light to use for blemishes, but good for brightening under eye circles and my eye lids - then I applied the foundation on top so it wasn't so light on my skin.

They don't show the shades on the Efficient Living website, which is the official retailer for Global Goddess Beauty. But at the time I chose this foundation the Global Goddess Beauty website was up and running and had shown the shades on there (for whatever reason it's no longer available - not sure if it's down for the moment or forever). So choosing your shade may be difficult. To compare, the shade I have is 2.0 and in MAC I am about an NC30/NC25. I usually choose Medium in shades that only have Fair, Light, Medium, Tan or Deep choices. That may help anyone who is interested in getting this foundation/concealer.

This is supposed to be a cream to powder formula, but it never fully set on me. However, I have that problem with nearly all cream foundations because of my combo/oily skintone. During the winter is pretty much the only time cream foundations can work on my skin without issues. If I set this foundation it will work but really cream foundations are not the best choice for oily skin types.

This foundation/concealer duo compact doesn't come with an applicator, nor does it have a space for one like most compacts do. I used the e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Line Small Stipple Brush to apply and blend this out.

The coverage is light to medium, and at the time I used this my skin was at the worst it's been in months so this had a lot to cover and it just didn't do so. I don't find it very buildable on me, because it never fully sets on my skin, so I would for sure need to use a concealer with this foundation.

I think this would be best for those with normal to dry skin who like light to medium coverage. I would not recommend for oily skin or anyone wanting full coverage.


Global Goddess Beauty
Complexion Perfection Japanese Rice Powder with Ginseng











Global Goddess Beauty Complexion Perfection Japanese Rice Powder Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $11.99 (0.21 oz full size). Available on the Efficient Living website, and everywhere else Global Goddess Beauty products are sold.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Rice Powder has been and still is the oldest of all trade secrets. It absorbs oil and sets makeup perfectly allowing for a beautiful Geisha Goddess complexion.

Soothing to the skin while absorbing excess facial oil. This loose lightweight powder is right for every skin type. Infused with a unique blend of ingredients, including ginseng, help soften fine lines, minimize imperfections, and return skins natural moisture.

This goes on clear, which is why I didn't do a swatch of it. That's one thing I did like about this was that it didn't give my face a white or gray cast. The included puff sponge is small and I don't prefer to use it. I like to use a fluffy brush or my own puff/sponge.

It does a nice job at keeping my oil to a minimum and sets my makeup nicely. The texture isn't super silky smooth or anything like some setting powders can be - I actually found it a bit rougher in texture - but it gets the job done, and for the price point, it's not bad. It blends easily too and kind of gets nicer in texture as you blend it. I guess it's just not as finely milled as other setting powders that I have.

It's a nice setting powder and if you're looking for a setting powder I would suggest you take a look at this one.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these two products? Have you tried either of them or did you add either of them to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. this seem like a promising brand..i like how the perfection complexion duo concealed your blemishes..looks really nice on your face..i'm more inlove with the translucent powder though.nice review gorgeous! :)

    Xoxo,
    Cj of www.pinayontheloose.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)