November 25, 2013

SensatioNail Starter Kit - gel nail kit - pics, swatches, before & after, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love gel nails, as I can always seem to get my nails to look best that way and for the longest length of time. I recently tried the SensatioNail system out, using their Starter Kit. Check out my full review below on my experience, what I thought, and all the product info - after all the pics!

SensatioNail Starter Kit



 



 















SensatioNail Starter Kit Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $49.98 to $59.99 depending where you shop (for Starter Kit). Available at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, and everywhere else SensatioNail products are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

The SensatioNail Starter Kit includes everything you need for 10 perfect applications! Kit includes the exclusive Pro 3060 LED Lamp - designed to safely and quickly flash-cure your favorite gel polish, sealing in the color to a glossy, damage-proof, mirror-like finish. After 10 manicures simply purchase the Essentials Kit and the color of your choice and you're good to go again.

The SensatioNail LED lamp cures gel polish in less than half the time of traditional UV lamps and you don't have to worry about replacing bulbs. The Pro 3060 LED Lamps packs the power of a professional light in a compact size that is easy to store and even easier to use. At the push of a button, the light is pre-programmed to shut off after 60 seconds (with a chirp at 30 seconds, for accurate curing time), so you don't have to worry about over or under-curing.

Aside from the LED Lamp, the starter kit includes your Gel Cleanser to wipe nails clean to prep and wipe your gel manicure to finish. Gel Primer will help your polish cling for up to 2 weeks! Color Gel Polish - which you'll choose your color (I believe only 3 colors available and 1 french manicure option available to choose from for the Starter Kit - I have it in Raspberry Wine). And you'll get your Gel Base and Top Coat - one thin layer strengthens naturals nails, forms a durable bond between nail and polish and prevents peeling and chipping. It also super-seals color for a brilliant, ultra strong chip-free finish and amazing color vibrancy that lasts up to 2 weeks. You'll get some lint-free wipes, files and an orange-wood stick too. Basically, you get everything you need to get started (hence the name, Starter Kit).

The Essentials Kit has the Gel Cleanser, Gel Primer, and Gel Base & Top Coat - plus some of the lint-free wipes. They also sell a Gel Polish Removal Kit, Gel Polish Removal Tool, and Gel Polish Remover. I bought the Gel Polish Removal Tool.

So let's get right into my experience and review...

I've had experience with another gel system, the Knockout Nails system, which is more expensive and the lamp is UV, not LED like the SensatioNail. A lot of my review will be based on my experience with that system compared to the SensatioNail gel kit.

Even though my kit came with Raspberry Wine polish, I decided to use the SensatioNail polish in Steel A Kiss as the polish I test this out with. The shade Steel A Kiss is from their Limited Edition Liquid Metal collection. There are currently 48 polishes in their core line (based on what's shown on their website), plus some limited edition collections, french manicure, and magnetic.

Keep in mind with any gel system (UV or LED) you can always use other brands of gel polish. I have some other brands - like Gelish - that work with this system.

I thought the system was easy and quick to use; I definitely prefer a LED light to a UV light, as the LED light is much faster for cure times and speeds up the whole process.

Once you know how to use your SensatioNail kit, you'll be able to get your nails done in no time at all. Just takes a small learning curve - for any gel nail system - if you're new to it. I personally love to do gel nails on my toe nails because I don't usually change my toe nail polish often and I find it lasts forever on my toes. I can go almost a month with minimal chipping when I use a gel system on my toes (with the Gelish brand of polish; I haven't tried the SensatioNail gel polish on my toes yet).

I did get a full week with no chipping using the SensatioNail starter kit and the SensatioNail Gel Polish in Steel A Kiss, then one of my nails - my pink - peeled off (not my actual nail, the gel polish on my nail - just had to make that clear). I went another week with minimal chipping. I tried it out for a second time, this time using the shade that came in the kit - and I had similar results. I guess I'm not a huge fan of the actual SensatioNail Gel Polishes, but I do love the SensationNail starter kit products - the UV light and all the other items. I just find that I use my other gel polishes with this LED light. However, I will try more SensatioNail polishes in the future to see if maybe a creme shade will last longer.

Overall, I think it's a good starter kit if you're looking to get into gel nails. It's really quick and super easy to use, and you'll find all the instructions with the kit. I love gel nails because there is no dry time and that gets me out the door super quickly. I know SensatioNail just came out with their Fuse System, but that is designed as a one-step process, doing one nail at a time, and the results last only a week as opposed to two weeks with the original Starter Kit from SensatioNail. I may be doing a review on the Fuse System in the near future.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of the SensatioNail Starter Kit? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's really not worth the price if you don't already own gel polishes. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)