November 15, 2013

SinfulColors Leather Luxe & Crystal Crush Nail Polish -- two shades from each collection - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

SinfulColors has just come out with two new lines of polish: Leather Luxe and Crystal Crush. I have two shades from each line to share with you - although I think I'll be stopping by Walgreens at some point to get the rest of the Crystal Crush colors because I really liked this formula! Both collections are mattes - but the Crystal Crush collection has really pretty pearl shimmer in it and it dries down textured. Check out my full review on each collection, including all the product info, after the pics!

SinfulColors Fall 2013
Leather Luxe & Crystal Crush Polishes
Shades: My Turn (Leather Luxe), Strapped (Leather Luxe), Purple Gleam (Crystal Crush), Treasure Chest (Crystal Crush)
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.
All polish swatches on nails are two coats, no top coat.





Leather Luxe Collection -- Shades shown below in this order:
Laced Up, Leather Loose, Whipped, Get It On, Strapped, My Turn, Cold Leather
Crystal Crush Collection -- Shades shown above in this order:
Got A Blush On You, Blue Persuasion, Orange Crush, Treasure Chest, Emerald Envy, Purple Gleam, Ruby Mine, Face The Facets




SinfulColors Leather Luxe
Shade: My Turn
 




SinfulColors Leather Luxe
Shade: Strapped 
 






SinfulColors Crystal Crush
Shade: Purple Gleam
 




SinfulColors Crystal Crush
Shade: Treasure Chest
 



SinfulColors Fall 2013 Leather Luxe & Crystal Crush Collections Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $1.99 each for Leather Luxe collection and $2.99 each for Crystal Crush collection. Available at Walgreens - but I have seen these at Rite-Aid too.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Leather Luxe: Lustrous leather looks that lure for fall.
Tease, taunt and turn heads this fall with the SinfulColors Leather Luxe collection. A texture rich, trend-setting collection of stylish matte finish nail polish shades which are richly pigmented to provide a flirtatious way to flaunt your style.

Available in seven shades:
  • My Turn: stunning steel
  • Strapped: scintillating seafoam
  • Laced Up: enthralling orange
  • Whipped: beguiling black
  • Leather Loose: safari sinful brown
  • Get It On: bravely berry
  • Cold Leather: enchanting night sky

My review on the Leather Luxe:
The Leather Luxe polishes have a nice formula for a matte polish. There was no streaking and they were opaque in two coats. The shade My Turn is my favorite of the two I have. Strapped is described as a seafoam, but I'd call this a teal green.

If you're not into the matte finish you can of course use a top coat like Seche Vite or some other glossy top coat to give them a shiny finish, but I do like the option to go matte or shiny.

There are two more shades from this collection I want to get: Whipped and Leather Loose.

If you like matte creme shades then this collection is for you!


Crystal Crushes: A daring way to dazzle for fall.
Sparkle and glimmer this fall with SinfulColors Crystal Crushes. A brilliant collection of gem-inspired nail polish shades with multifaceted 3D texture. Gorgeous matte colors flecked with a reflective pearl finish sure to dazzle your digits and make your heart skip a beat. 

Available in eight shades:
  • Purple Gleam: glistening lavender
  • Treasure Chest: sea worthy bling
  • Got A Blush On You: flirty fuchsia
  • Orange Crush: twinkling tangerine
  • Emerald Envy: a glint of green
  • Ruby Mine: ravishing red
  • Blue Persuasion: sapphire-d up!
  • Face The Facets: banana bling

My review on Crystal Crush:
These are my favorite of the two Fall 2013 collections from SinfulColors. I love the pearl-like shimmer these have and they also dry down matte - but yet they have a pearl sparkle. It's hard to describe and hard to capture in the photos, but they're pretty. In addition to drying down matte, they also dry down with a texture. And just like with the Leather Luxe collection, if you're not feeling the matte look you can of course use a glossy top coat to bring out the shine. In fact, these look really good with a top coat.

I want every shade from this collection, but out of the two I have I am really loving Treasure Chest! 

If you like matte but want some sparkle and texture, then you need to check out the Crystal Crush collection!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these two collections from SinfulColors? What shade do you like best? Which collection - Leather Luxe or Crystal Crush - would you want to try? Discuss in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. Treasure Chest is really pretty! I'm loving all these sandy glittered polishes lately, and plan to pick up a few more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm I need these. I want Strapped, Cold leather, Blue Persuasion, Treasure Chest, and Emerald Envy. The crystal crunch polishes are so beautiful, Blue Persuasion is such a new years eve kind of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had WAY better luck with the matte ones than I did! I tried Leather Loose and it turned out... less than awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo I like these! I've been digging the sand/crystal texture polishes, they're so pretty in person. I may have to get Blue Persuasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Crystal: Sorry your matte ones didn't turn out as good. I thought these were really nice for a matte formula because I have had some bad mattes in the past. Maybe try a different base coat or even no base coat? Sometimes a base coat can effect the way a matte polish applies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome post, I have tried any of these yet. I like Purple Gleam.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)