December 28, 2013

SNEEK PEEK: Updated Makeup Collection & Storage!

Hello, Beautiful!

If you already follow me on Instagram then this is old news, but for everyone else I thought I'd post the pics I did post to Instagram of a sneek peek of my updated makeup collection & storage video, which I hope to get filmed soon. My last post/video was back in January 2013, so I likely will do the next one in very early January 2014!

If you don't follow me on Instagram and want to, my IG name is ValentineKissesBeauty
Link: http://instagram.com/valentinekissesbeauty

Here are the pics I posted....


All drawers and the set-up.... this doesn't include my makeup brushes or every day products...



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
Depotted lipstick & glosses, lipstick palettes, lipstick samples --- High-end and specialty brand lipsticks, plus some lipstick samples in the back --- Drugstore lipsticks --- Drugstore lipsticks, just Milani and Maybelline



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
Tinted lip balms --- Lipliners, lip pencils, chubby lip pencils ---  Mascara (opened and not opened), lash curlers, lash cards, lash growth products --- Blotting sheets, misc. tools, face paints, and brushes I don't like for my face but keep just in case



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
All brow products and brow grooming tools --- Lip scrubs, lip balms, lip serums, (clear) lip plumpers --- drugstore lip glosses --- random lip gloss, high-end and drugstore, mostly minis in the front, and the bin back right is all Victoria's Secret glosses



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
High-end glosses --- Specialty brand and High-End glosses --- BB & CC creams, tinted moisturizers --- Cream foundations (which is my most pitiful, empty drawer)



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
Powder foundations --- Blush --- Concealers --- Bronzers & Highlighters



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
Setting powders/products (setting sprays are kept near my makeup table) --- Face primers --- Lashes and lash glue --- Liquid foundations (my favs are kept in the bottom right bin)



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
Eyeshadow primers, sharpeners & misc. --- Pencil eyeliners --- Glitter!!! --- Gel and liquid liners, shadow transformers



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
Cream shadows (I've actually added several more Maybelline Color Tattoo's since taking this photo, thanks to my $1 Big Lots finds!) --- Cream shadow pencils/sticks, liquid shadows, shadows in tubes --- Loose shadows/pigments --- Loose shadows/pigments



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
Loose shadows/pigments --- All Victoria's Secret shadows and shadow palettes --- All Urban Decay shadow palettes (one depotted) and single shadows --- My Tarte, Smashbox and MAC shadows/palettes drawer (although I have a larger Tarte palette - the jewelry box from I think 2 holidays ago - that doesn't fit in this drawer)



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
High-end shadows and palettes (mostly Bare Minerals, It Cosmetics, Bobbi Brown, Kat Von D, Be A Bombshell and more) --- My Too Faced, Stila and Lorac shadow drawer (pretty much all palettes) --- My Wet n Wild drawer! --- My Mally, NARS, MUFE, DIOR, and Anastasia shadows and palettes drawer



Drawers shown below going clockwise:
Drugstore shadows (elf, Hard Candy, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon, Rimmel and more) --- Drugstore shadwos: Milani, Essence, Ulta, and more) --- Larger palettes that don't fit anywhere else, like the Tarte jewelry box holiday palette and there is an old Too Faced palette down there too --- Specialty brand, drugstore and high-end shadows and palettes (plus my Glam RX palettes in there which hold shadows that are depotted)


Now let me know what you think...
Do you want to see an updated video and blog post showing my collection and organization? Any special requests? Discuss in the comments below.

9 comments:

  1. Unfortunately my 3 year old would have EVERYTHING pulled out almost immediately.... lol
    I may look into locked cabinet drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg thats alot!! i need to organise my makeup too :) been thinking about doing it but been so lazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg you've got so many make-up, awesome.! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's amazing! I wouldn't be able to fill up one cabinet, but I still need to do something similar because right now it's just all lumped together and I forget what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love seeing organization pics :) I just went through my stash and reorganized using muji acrylic drawers and they're so great.

    I would love to see an updated post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! I love how organized it all is. Does it ever feel wasteful? I know for me whenever I start to accumulate a lot of something and don't feel like it's all getting used a lot, it feels a bit wasteful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sophie: I don't ever really feel wasteful because everything has been used at least once, or has been swatched. The un-used products in the collection are back-up's of favs or unopened mascaras. I have a bin where I put other products I haven't used yet - mostly ones I want to blog about, and I always photograph,swatch and test them before they go into my collection. It is excessive, and I know I'll never be able to use it ALL up, but I'm okay with it because I know being a beauty blogger means a lot of beauty products just comes with the territory. I often blog sale items I only swatched and never used, or give them away to my nieces or best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your makeup is very well organized. Love it <3

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)