February 21, 2014

Anokha Skin Care Rice & Bamboo Facial Scrub - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If there is one skin care brand that has been a stand over for me as of recently (within last 6 months), it's definitely Anokha Skin Care! I've been LOVING everything from this brand (I have four products currently). I've already reviewed two of their products (which I'll link in a second), and have yet another great review to share with you. This post is all about their Rice & Bamboo Facial Scrub. Check out all the product info below, along with my full review, after the pics!

Review on their Red Sandalwood & Neem Clarifying Facial Masque.
Review on their Oatmeal Cleansing Milk.

Anokha Skin Care
Rice & Bamboo Facial Scrub

















Anokha Skin Care Rice & Bamboo Facial Scrub Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $28.00 (2.9 oz full size). Available on the Anokha Skin Care website, on the Dermstore website, and everywhere else Anokha Skin Care is sold.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

This scrub combines the exfoliating effects of rice and bamboo powder with the soothing properties of green tea. The result is skin that is smoother and pores that are cleanser and less noticeable. Bamboo powder gently exfoliates dead skin cells to encourage new skin cell renewal. Green tea provides antioxidants to help prevent premature aging. Glycerin promotes elasticity to improve tone and texture. Great for all skin types.

To use, apply a small amount to the face and massage over the face and neck gently. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat skin dry. Use 1 to 2 times weekly in place of your daily cleanser.

As with all the Anokha Skin Care products, I've been loving this! I don't know what it is about this skin care line, but it works great with my skin and always makes it look better - even has improved my acne!

I really like this facial scrub because it has a nice grit to it that isn't too harsh, but isn't weak either. It gets the dead skin off my face without being abrasive. It has a light scent - sort of a scent of bamboo and green tea; it's not a bothersome scent to me.

I like to use this about twice a week, but once a week will be fine too if you wanted to stretch its use.

Even though I'm in love with the product, I didn't give it a 5 out of 5 Kisses for the rating and I'll tell you why.... I think the jar packaging is a little messy and inconvenient for a facial scrub. I would much rather have a facial scrub in a tube or pump-top bottle. The reason behind my preference of a tube or pump-top bottle is because I tend to use scrubs in the shower, and a jar just is a bit too easy for water to get into it - not to mention if you were to drop this you'd likely lose a lot of product since it's not a dense product. However, I can get over a product's packaging if it's a great product and this is a great face scrub!

Without hesitation, I'd recommend this!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this facial scrub? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)