February 27, 2014

Derma E Very Clear Scrub - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If you've been a long time reader of my blog then you know I have adult acne. In past years it was much, much worse than what it is now. I try a lot of acne-clearing products, some good and some bad. In this post I have another acne-clearing product to share with you: the Derma E Very Clear Scrub. This is their new and improved formula, so if you've tried this in the past and it didn't work for you, then the new and improved version may be what you were originally looking for. This is a 100% vegan product and contains 2% salicylic acid. Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

Derma E Very Clear Scrub






Derma E Very Clear Scrub Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $13.95 (4 oz full size). Available on the Derma E website, on the Drugstore.com website, at some Ulta locations (it wasn't on their website for me to link you to), and everywhere else Derma E products are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

This gentle exfoliating formula helps remove dead skin to unclog pores, draw out impurities and prevent future breakouts.

Scrub away bacteria, unclog pores, draw out impurities and prevent future breakouts with this highly effective scrub. The Derma E formula contains an Anti-Blemish Complex of natural ingredients: tea tree, willow bark, rosewood, lavender and chamomile - which are shown to be very effective on blemish-prone skin. Aloe, chamomile and walnut shell powder are included to soothe, calm and gently exfoliate skin.

100% vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, lanolin-free, gluten-free, GMO-free.

Use once or twice a week to help keep skin clear and fresh. For best results, use with Derma E Very Clear Cleanser, Very Clear Moisturizer, and Very Clear Spot Treatment.

Success with Very Clear: After conducting a 4-week consumer trial on the Very Clear line, 96% experienced a reduction in blemishes.


My Review...

This is their new and improved version of their Very Clear Scrub. This has been around for awhile, and I know their packaging has changed and I believe they also adjusted their formula. Although not listed on their website in their description, this does contain 2% salicylic acid. On my tube it doesn't say the percent of salicylic acid - it just says salicylic acid on the front and mentions it on the back - but the tube on their website shows a slightly different label, which does say "2% salicylic acid".

Just by first looks and the type of product this is, it reminds me a lot of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub - but this is a more gel-like texture.

I do find this to be pretty gritty, which is nice for a scrub but can sometimes be too harsh for those of us with acne. When I have very active, open acne I like to avoid scrubs all together - which can often spread bacteria around your face and make things worse. Because of how scrubby this is, I wouldn't recommend using it when your acne is very acne/open. However, it does a nice job at making your face feel smooth, and because there is 2% salicylic acid, it will help to clear your face.

This was a nice gritty scrub that really made my face soft and smooth, but I would never use this if my face was having really bad breakouts that are active/open because this scrub is very gritty and that can actually irritate and make things worse, by kind of pulling out and spreading that bacteria around your face.

I wouldn't use this more than twice a week - once a week would be enough - and I would only recommend this to those whose acne is not active or open to help prevent future breakouts and get your face nice and smooth. If you have just a few small areas that have active and/or open acne, you can avoid those spots the best you can and use this everywhere else. It will come in handy if your skin has dry patches and you want to smooth them out. I recommend following up with a cleanser after using this scrub if you are worried that you may have spread some bacteria around.

The price point isn't too high, although a bit steep for a drugstore product when you compare it to the St. Ives scrub - which is around $4 for 6 ounces.


Final Thoughts...

This was a nice gritty scrub that really made my face soft and smooth, but I would never use this if my face was having really bad breakouts that are active/open because this scrub is very gritty and that can actually irritate and make things worse, by kind of pulling out and spreading that bacteria around your face.

I think this would probably work better if you use their entire Very Clear line, like they recommend. I think acne clearing products always work better when paired with all their sister products (at least that's how I typically see the most results).

I can't say for sure if this really helped to clear or prevent future break outs, since I did only use this once or twice a week (mostly just once a week) and I do use other products, but it certainly didn't make my skin any worse (but again, I avoided using this scrub - or any scrub - when my acne is active and/or open).

It's worth checking out, but not something you can't live without.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this scrub? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)