March 25, 2014

Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Mauvelous - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Back in September I reviewed three shades of the Be A Bombshell Lip Gloss - shades Sangria, Taupeless and Hot Mess. Since then I've gathered another three shades! In this post specifically I am focusing on the shade Mauvelous because it is absolutely my favorite of all the six shades I have. It's so much more pigmented then the others, and it's absolutely a stunning shade. I have pics and swatches of Mauvelous, as well as a comparision of all six shades I currently own swatched next to each other. Check out all the product info, along with my review, after the pics!

Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Gloss
Shade: Mauvelous












Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Gloss
Comparison of all 6 shades I own
Shades: Mauvelous, Vixen, Taupeless, Summer Lovin, Sangria, Hot Mess



Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Gloss Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $14.00 (0.11 oz full size). Available on the Be A Bombshell website.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses for the shade Mauvelous and 4 out of 5 Kisses for the other five shades I own

Product Info...

These glosses have long-lasting color with a high-shine formula. Currently available in 18 shades.

Here is a list of the shades and their description, as per the Be A Bombshell website:
  • Mauvelous: mauve - an opaque medium mauve
  • Vixen: rusty red - a coppery red with shimmer
  • Taupeless: nude - an opaque nude
  • Summer Lovin: the perfect amount of shimmer enhanced by sheer coral
  • Sangria: deep wine - a sheer raspberry wine
  • Hot Mess: true red - an opaque red
  • Daddy's Girl: light pink - an opaque light pink
  • Hooked: dark mauve - a dark mauve with light shimmer
  • Kiss Off: bubble gum pink - a light pink with shimmer
  • Saucy: red - a classic red with shimmer
  • Sugar Lips: light pink - an opaque light pink
  • Caliente: this spicy shade of coral packs a punch - the opaque formula goes on smooth and is perfect for day or night
  • All Dolled Up: rose - medium rose with shimmer
  • Last Call Girl: fushia pink - an opaque bright pink
  • First Kiss: plum - the perfect plum with shimmer
  • Nude Beach: sandy tan - a light neutral brown with shimmer
  • Coco Delight: chocolate - a medium brown with shimmer
  • Diamond: clear - a basic clear gloss


My Review...

I've always liked the Be A Bombshell Lip Glosses, but after trying Mauvelous I really LOVE them... well at least I am in love in the Mauvelous shade!

The shade Mauvelous is way more opaque than the other shades, and almost looks/acts as a liquid lipstick - that's the kind of intensity it has. Still has great shine, feels very comfortable on the lips, and the color is absolutely stunning. A perfect mauve-pink! I also love that Mauvelous doesn't have any shimmer in it - it's just a cream shade.

They just came out with I believe 4 new shades, Mauvelous being one of them, and I hope they continue to create new shades - especially non-shimmer, cream finishes. Still on my wish list: Last Call Girl, All Dolled Up, and Caliente.

Like I mentioned, I always liked these glosses but I was never wow'd by the formula; in my original review I mentioned there wasn't anything about the formula that bothered me - it just wasn't life changing. Just a nice, good lip gloss. They all leaned on the sheer side until I tried Mauvelous. Maybe Mauvelous just seems more pigmented because more product comes out on the applicator. That's something the other shades I own seem to lack, but I'm not real sure.



Final Thoughts...

If you've tried Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Glosses before and wasn't blown away or in love, but want to give them a second go, then I highly recommend the shade Mauvelous. If you haven't tried them yet, then I'd recommend starting off with the shade Mauvelous (as I think it will flatter a lot of skintones).

Really LOVED Mauvelous (as if I didn't say that enough already). It was like a completely different lip gloss formula compared to the other shades I own. Love it and would recommend!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? What shade is your favorite? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colors! I really like the Hot Mess shade too!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)