March 7, 2014

Milani Shadow Eyez - 6 new neutral shades, 4 matte, 2 shimmer - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I first reviewed Milani Shadow Eyez back in May of 2012 (6 shades), and again in November 2013 (6 limited edition shades). I have six more shades, and these are all neutrals - perfect for anyone! Use as a shadow base, as your eyeshadow, or even as liner. The six shades I have are: Black Ink, Espresso Line, Cafe Au Lait, Almond Cream, Sand Dunes, and Golden Bronze. Check out all the product info below, along with my full review, after the pics!

Milani Shadow Eyez
Shades: 07 Black Ink, 08 Espresso Line, 09 Cafe Au Lait, 10 Almond Cream, 11 Sand Dunes, 12 Golden Bronze.
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.









Milani Shadow Eyez & Jordana 12 HR Made To Last Eyeshadow Pencils
The three matte shades from Milani are almost identical to the three matte shades from Jordana. There is a very, very slight difference in shade intensity, but on the eyes they would look identical. I find that Milani's are just a touch deeper in tone. But Milani and Jordana are made by the same company, so you could save a few bucks and get the Jordana or go for the Milani - it's really your choice. I find they're both great!





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 07 Black Ink





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 08 Espresso Line





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 09 Cafe Au Lait





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 10 Almond Cream





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 11 Sand Dunes





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 12 Golden Bronze



Milani Shadow Eyez Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $6.99 depending where you shop (0.10 oz full size). Available on the Milani website, at CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Big and blendable 2-in-1 color rich pencil that can be used as shadow or liner. Creamy smooth, long-lasting, water-resistant, crease-proof and paraben-free formula. The next generation of shadows that you sharpen. Made in Germany.

I'm a big fan of the Milani Shadow Eyez; they make great all-over shadows or even as a liner, but I really like to use them as an eyeshadow base. You can sharpen the pencils with any chubby/fat pencil sharpener. I still wish they were retractable, but I'm sure that would increase the price and I'm find sharpening them when needed.

Out of these six neutral shades, I do have some favorites. Below is a list of the shades and description of each. There are four matte shades and two metallic shades.
  • 07 Black Ink - a matte black
  • 08 Espresso Line - deep brown matte
  • 09 Cafe Au Lait - medium brown matte
  • 10 Almond Cream - vanilla matte
  • 11 Sand Dunes - light tan metallic
  • 12 Golden Bronze - bronze metallic

My favorite shade is Golden Bronze; it's one of the two shimmers and the one I've used the most so far out of all them. Originally I had thought I'd like Sand Dunes a lot better, just based on how it looks in the packaging, but Golden Bronze takes first place when it comes to how pretty it is on the eyes.

The matte shades are nice and great to have in your collection as core shades for cream bases or solo shadows. If you have the Jordana ones in Stay On Black, Tenacious Brown, Continuous Almond then you could skip Milani's Black Ink, Espresso Line, and Almond Cream. They're basically identical. The Milani's versions are maybe just a bit richer in tone, but ever so very slightly and not enough where you'd even know the difference once on the lid. Plus, Milani and Jordana are made by the same company so you're getting a great product either way you go.

I really like how easy to use these Shadow Eyez are from Milani and I think this collection is particular has a great assortment of core shades that would go great in any collection!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these new shades of Shadow Eyez? Which shade is your favorite? Have you tried them or are they on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I need these in my life! I have Champagne Toast from the permanent collection and love it! I love using it as a base. I may even like it more than my NYX jumbo pencils. Great review! :)

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)