August 12, 2014

tarte Best in Faux Last Extending Fibers - before & after, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

In case you've been living under a rock, fiber mascaras are "all the rage". I say that in quotes because those kind of mascaras get extremely hyped up but usually deliver spidery, clumpy lashes. When tarte came out with the Best In Faux, I was excited to give it a try and see what all this fiber stuff was all about.

See my results and read my full review below, after the pics!

tarte Best In Faux Lash Extending Fibers

 


 






















tarte Best In Faux Lash Extending Fibers Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $19.00 (includes 0.028 oz tube of fibers, and 0.10 oz Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara mini). Available on the tarte Cosmetics website, at Sephora, at Ulta, and everywhere else tarte Cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

Easy-to-apply black sculpting fibers that instantly enhance lash length and volume to make lashes appear fuller, fluttery and fabulous. It's as easy as 1-2-3: mascara, fibers, mascara!

Achieve all the drama of lash extensions at home with this revolutionary eye routine. These lightweight, black sculpting fibers seamlessly build onto your own lashes to achieve a naturally voluminous eye look in 3 simple steps!

STEP 1: Prep with mascara. This set comes with a mini Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara.

STEP 2: Extend with fibers! Using a gentle patting motion, apply fibers onto top of upper lashes starting at the middle and working outwards towards the tip.

STEP 3: Set with mascara. Apply a final coat of mascara to lock in the fibers and a dramatic, bombshell stare.


The fibers are made of nylon, which are gentle fibers used to build on natural lashes to add length and volume. Rice Bran Wax is a natural wax that helps lengthen appearance of lashes, while Olive Esters condition, treat and protect lashes.



My Review...

I'm going to be honest with you and say the first time I tried to use this mascara it was a disaster! I had fibers everywhere - on my face, on my eye lids and in my eyes! It was a bit painful having all those little fibers in my eyes. Normally, my before & after pics I post with reviews is with the very first try of using a product - however, since I had such disastrous results the first time, I decided to re-photograph them and the before & after pics you see are from my second try with it.... which went far better. And with each application after, I got better and better at it. I still tend to get a few fibers in random places on my face... mostly my eye lid or on my cheeks, but I've seen one or two fibers on my forehead (no clue how they got up there!).

I have to say, I think it works and you could build them to your desire depending on how many fibers you apply, but I never get such a dramatic difference that I can only get those kind of results from this kind of faux fibers system. To be honest, I've gotten longer and more dramatic lashes from other regular mascaras, using just two coats.

Then again, I did only test this with the included tare Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara - which I personally don't like because that mascara never does much for my lashes anyway. In fact, I have an old review showing my before and after with that mascara - CLICK HERE to see that before & after pic. Personally, I think they should have included a mini of their Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara instead because that one actually is pretty good on its own; CLICK HERE to see a before & after of that mascara.

If you look at my step-by-step photos, you'll see I wasn't able to get many fibers on my lashes. I found the first use was a load of fibers and since then it takes more work to coat the lashes with fibers. I think those with shorter lashes than mine would get better use out of this, but it just didn't do a whole lot for my lashes personally. And from reviews, I found that people who already have good to great lashes also weren't fans of the original Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara and also didn't see a huge difference with the Best in Faux. Whereas people who already love the Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara seem to get far better results with the Best in Faux.

Mascara is a tricky product that's so personal to each user, because one mascara could be holy grail to one person and absolute crap to another. So while my review may not have been over the top glowing with recommendation, I still think if you are looking for a false fiber mascara that you should look into the tarte Best in Faux because I didn't have any spidery looking lashes like I've seen with other fiber mascaras -- aka, with the Younique 3D Fiber Mascara. Now I personally haven't tried the Younique mascara (yet), so I can't personally comment on it, but I've seen countless before & after photos and 98% of them show people with thick, clumpy, spider-leg looking lashes. I guess it's possible for any fiber mascara to give you that, but why I see it so much with the Younique I don't know.

Overall, would I personally go out and re-purchase this? No, I wouldn't. But only because my results weren't over whelming enough to warrant a re-purchase. But if you are still interested in trying it, I'd say go for it!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this mascara? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I love the effect on your lashes! It's so full and luscious! I do understand what you mean by how it's not so so amazing and lots of girls also say that after using it for a long time the mascara gets messy because it picks up the fibers!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)