September 13, 2014

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown: before & after, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Keeping with the many brow-related blog posts you've seen here, I have yet another brow product post for you today! In this post I am showing you the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo, which I have in the shade Medium Brown. I like to use this in combination with other brow products; not the biggest fan of using it on its own just because I do have such sparse brows, but check out my full review after the pics to see all my thoughts!

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo
Shade: Medium Brown








Anastasia Brow Powder Duo Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $23.00 (0.03 oz full size). Available on the Anastasia website, at Sephora, at Ulta, and everywhere else Anastasia products are sold.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

Lightweight, sheer to medium coverage powder formula for filling in and defining the eyebrows.

Create beautiful and natural brow effects with Anastasia's bestselling Brow Powder Duo. Formulated to be smudge-proof and comes with two shades per compact to ensure the perfect brow color.

Available in 11 shade duos.


My Review...

I have been a brow powder lover through and through; it was my go-to brow filler choice for oh so many years (Smashbox Brow Tech in Brunette was my first ever brow product - and that was almost 13 years ago). Yet I had somehow neglected to try the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. When I purchased the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade, I also purchased the Brow Powder Duo.

I have the shade Medium Brown - since that is what shade I am in her line (formally Medium Ash). Medium Brown is described as a taupe based brown. I also think Ash Brown would work for me - but Sephora, for whatever reason, doesn't have that shade on their website (and that's where I had purchased this from). I think it may even work better for me than the Medium Brown.

The Medium Brown has a darker shade that is the shade I use most, as the lighter shade is almost so light it doesn't show up on me. But I use it blended with the darker shade.

I don't like using this on its own to fill in my brows completely; I find this brow powder is just a bit too soft looking. Because my brows are so sparse, if I were to use this all over on its own, it would look very soft and diffused on me - and kind of messy and not really pulled together; which you can probably see in the before and after photo. In person it's not as noticeable as in the photo, since my studio lights show every single detail possible.

I do love this powder in combination with other brow products. I use this along with the Brow Wiz or the Brow Pomade and I get really great results.

It's a pricey brow powder for one that I can't use for all-over my brows, but that's not to say you can't use it for your brows as your all-in-one brow product. A lot will depend on your brows and how sparse or full they are. I just prefer a more pigmented brow powder that can give me a defined look as well as a softer look where I want it to be softer.

As far as performance goes, this isn't the best wearing product on my brows. I know it says it's formulated to be smudge proof, but I find it can wear off faster than her other brow products. Maybe on your brows it would wear longer, but for me when I use this on its own I don't get the best wear. It starts looking softer and softer as the day goes on. It doesn't pass my cuddle test either. But when I pair it with other brow products, which is the only way I like to even use this, I find it wears fine.

I'm not sure I would repurchase this, but I do like it and will continue to use it!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this brow powder? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)